Kareem Hunt clears waivers, is officially a Free Agent

TheKillerNacho

33 minutes ago, N4L said:

Kind of ridiculous that he is essentially suspended for the rest of the season (5 games counting the one he already missed) and then will get an additional 6 games next year. 

The suspension is justified (in hindsight). How the NFL came to the conclusion to suspend though is another story. But I'm not in the least bit surprised anymore under Goodell. He was quick to turn a blind eye to the Ray Rice incident with more than enough sufficient evidence but was equally just as quick to pull the trigger on Hunt before he even saw the evidence. 

The inconsistencies under Goodell is laughable at this point.

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

From my understanding he can't play while he is on the exempt list which will continue as soon he is signs to another team.

will he play in the playoffs? I am not familiar with the exempt list, but it sounds like a  jail 

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

will he play in the playoffs? I am not familiar with the exempt list, but it sounds like a  jail 

Not likely at all. Being on an exempt list means he cannot play until it is lifted by the league[Goodell] which is just a way of saying "you're suspended until we figure out what we're going to do".

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Not likely at all. Being on an exempt list means he cannot play until it is lifted by the league[Goodell] which is just a way of saying "you're suspended until we figure out what we're going to do".

so after they sort out the refs and the ones that are fired etc.... so maybe next season

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

so after they sort out the refs and the ones that are fired etc.... so maybe next season

Yes. 

To put in another way. Let's say in best case scenario and not likely at all, he gets signed tomorrow and Goodell says "okay, you're off the exempt list but here is your suspension of 6 games". He would then be able to play after the suspension (obviously). But again, that's not going to happen. I'm just using it as an example.

1 hour ago, kramxel said:

The bit that makes me wonder is, if he had been straight forward with the whole situation since the beginning, would the Chiefs keep him around. 

Nah, the Chiefs don’t put up with domestic abusers on their team - unless there’s no video evidence of it and it’s not in the public eye. 

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He really damaged his earnings potential.  They'll be incentives that can bring it up to about $3M would be my guess.

lol nope and no way he signs a multi-year deal..

He'll sign a 1-year deal, and work the language so that most of the $$$ does not come from game checks to minimize his losses during the inevitable suspension (see the Patriots and Tom Brady's suspension from a few years back). I also very sincerely doubt it'll be anywhere near the league minimum.

Then he'll ball out, and sign a 3 year deal somewhere for buku bucks. He then gets to hit free agency again at age 28.

Somewhere, Le'Veon Bell is shaking his head, wishing he had orchestrated a PR hit that resulted in his release. "Optics", indeed.

21 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Chiefs should sign him. With the release of their young stud RB, they could use a bell cow like Hunt to replace him.

I laughed but should not have tbh

Archived