Kareem Hunt clears waivers, is officially a Free Agent

TheKillerNacho

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

mmmm Maybe, but it's coming out the past day or two that this isn't the first or even second accusation of bad behavior. My assumption of innocence and "he a good boy who just needs a second chance" is waning quickly.

Appears he couldn't deal with new fame as it all happened in 2018. Probably was a good boy in HS and college and then was in over his head

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Appears he couldn't deal with new fame as it all happened in 2018. Probably was a good boy in HS and college and then was in over his head

I thought I read something about an alleged assault in 2017, I know there was a third **alleged** incident.

Just now, cddolphin said:

I thought I read something about an alleged assault in 2017, I know there was a third **alleged** incident.

I thought it happened this summer, could have been last summer though. But he still already was in the league. Probably thought he was in heaven and could do whatever he wanted. Now he has to learn a lesson the hard way.

7 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

mmmm Maybe, but it's coming out the past day or two that this isn't the first or even second accusation of bad behavior. My assumption of innocence and "he a good boy who just needs a second chance" is waning quickly.

I completely get that. I sincerely doubt that he's a "good boy". I just think that he's kind of fortunate to have this clear and obvious fulcrum moment. I'd jump at the chance to try to help that fulcrum swing the right way.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I thought someone would sign him this year so that he could serve his suspension the rest of the year, they could sign him at a bargain, and that in 2019 he could "start fresh".

I think that's the issue. A suspension has not been announced and won't be for some time and it will go into next season as well for 6 games or so.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

I think that's the issue. A suspension has not been announced and won't be for some time and it will go into next season as well for 6 games or so.

Now that TMZ leaked this second story, it won't shock me when the NFL announces a 1-year suspension for the good ole "conduct detrimental" catch-all. It won't be until after he signs with a team this spring.

I am a bit surprised. Someone could have had him for likely a year and a half for about $1m per, if I'm looking at the numbers correctly. Once it all blows over, will any team be able to get him for that cheap?

Considering the apology he made, this doesn't seem like it would be a long, drawn-out process. Couldn't his suspension start as early as this week? Seriously, what other investigating does the NFL have to do that it hasn't already done? TMZ apparently did all the work for them anyway.

There are a few troubling incidents, but not something that should make him toxic forever. Plaxico got what, four games for shooting himself in an incident where he was criminally charged? Talib didn't even get suspended for shooting himself in the leg. These are dangerous incidents with a violent weapon where people could have been killed. I honestly don't see how Hunt should be suspended six games for shoving someone into a woman. Don't get me wrong, it was the wrong thing to do. It just doesn't measure up to shooting yourself in a public place in terms of danger and stupidity, in my eyes. Then again, the NFL is wildly inconsistent when it comes to discipline.

2 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Once it all blows over, will any team be able to get him for that cheap?

This will be the most interesting story for me, moving forward. How much does he actually sign for? And does this incident actually end up being a good thing for him, financially? He'll hit free agency two years earlier as a stud RB.

He's 23 as well. He could potentially sign 3 new deals before he hits 30.

22 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Absurd. Pass up two years of low cost high level play over a highly exaggerated incident. Could've gotten rid of most of his suspension this year too. The NFL is dumb.

Money matters more than winning to most owners and advertisers boycotting you because they are getting lit up with calls from women groups isn’t beneficial 

27 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Money matters more than winning to most owners and advertisers boycotting you because they are getting lit up with calls from women groups isn’t beneficial 

I don't think the negative PR for a week will make a dent in their profit margins.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Now that TMZ leaked this second story, it won't shock me when the NFL announces a 1-year suspension for the good ole "conduct detrimental" catch-all. It won't be until after he signs with a team this spring.

So, what happens to the NFL for the cover-up?

Archived