AJ Green done for year

candyman93

A.J. Green will be placed on injured reserve after aggravating his toe injury on Sunday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday. ESPN first reported the news. 

Green is expected to have surgery but will have a doctor's appointment Tuesday morning to determine whether to do so. Green would have a roughly four-month recovery if he does have surgery and would be ready for training camp at the very latest, with appearances in OTAs and minicamp likely, Rapoport added.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000995883/article/bengals-placing-aj-green-toe-on-seasonending-ir

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

No, he took a couple weeks off and tried to play on it yesterda. He reaggrated it on a non-contact play and got carted off. 

The season was done regardless. 

Oh I actually didnt know it was that bad.  I thought they just shut him down because they didnt want to risk him getting hurt again with nothing to play for

Just now, footbull3196 said:

Oh I actually didnt know it was that bad.  I thought they just shut him down because they didnt want to risk him getting hurt again with nothing to play for

It would have been the smart thing but we’ve shut down AJ before with an injury he could play on and he didn’t like that. You gotta admire him - the dude just wants to play. Class act. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

So, do the Bengals blow it up and start from scratch? Keep Green, Mixon, any other younger player and start this over?

No need to blow it up, they have their next HC already on the staff.

Just imagine Hue with those weapons.. Belichick got ran out of Cleveland too during his first HC tenure.

Just now, cddolphin said:

No need to blow it up, they have their next HC already on the staff.

Just imagine Hue with those weapons.. Belichick got ran out of Cleveland too during his first HC tenure.

It's not gonna be Hue. C'mon, you know better.

Just now, Tugboat said:

Bengals really are coming hard for a top pick down the stretch here.

Well not intentionally.. the injury was pretty obvious, it was a non contact right as he was coming off the snap. One of those, "Yeah, he's going on IR" plays.

Archived