AJ Green done for year

candyman93

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, do the Bengals blow it up and start from scratch? Keep Green, Mixon, any other younger player and start this over?

As long as Mike Brown draws breath things will remain as they are - with minor changes that give the fans just enough hope to loosen our nooses and flip on the game. 

Just now, cddolphin said:

Remember a couple weeks back, when Harbaugh was on the hot seat? Those were nice times. What a divisional swing that could have been..

That's not changing that 1-31 record and post firing talk of a culture of passing the blame onto others.

The optics on this hire were pretty bad as is, and the results have matched the beliefs. Going to Hue would ensure nobody attended Bengals games.

Just now, ET80 said:

That's not changing that 1-31 record and post firing talk of a culture of passing the blame onto others.

The optics on this hire were pretty bad as is, and the results have matched the beliefs. Going to Hue would ensure nobody attended Bengals games.

If Hue would take the job for 2 million a year I think there’s a chance.

Never underestimate Mike Brown’s penny-pinching.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

And, the Bengals will retain Marvin Lewis now because the "season was derailed by injuries."

Sorry Bengals fans, but it is destined to be so.

I like to laugh and joke about the situation because it will help me mentally if this actually becomes the case.

But in reality, i think they actually move on this year.  Not because of the record or anything like that, but because the team has quit on Marvin.  Last couple of years they played hard to the end and played spoiler.  Not this year.  This year, they may lose 8 straight to finish the season, and look really bad doing it.

17 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Well not intentionally.. the injury was pretty obvious, it was a non contact right as he was coming off the snap. One of those, "Yeah, he's going on IR" plays.

Oh, yeah...i'm not suggesting they "intentionally" had AJ Green end his season or anything.  Just that it's another big blow.  Contributing to the Bengals having the potential to be absolutely abysmally bad down the stretch.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If Hue would take the job for 2 million a year I think there’s a chance.

Never underestimate Mike Brown’s penny-pinching.

I hope they hire him for 2 decades so we can get 40 wins off him for the 40 loses he gave us. 

3 hours ago, Dome said:

I don’t have him in fantasy but I want to be the first to bring it up.

Sucks for the Bengals. They toast. 

I have Green AND Hunt on my fantasy team (dynasty).

*I* am toast, and since my fantasy team had better playoff aspirations than the Bengals, my fantasy team is more relevant than your reality "pro football" nonsense so TAKE THAT!!! B|

On 12/3/2018 at 9:41 PM, cddolphin said:

No need to blow it up, they have their next HC already on the staff.

Just imagine Hue with those weapons.. Belichick got ran out of Cleveland too during his first HC tenure.

Don't compare Hue Jackson to Bill Belichick ever again.

10 hours ago, cddolphin said:

No need to blow it up, they have their next HC already on the staff.

Just imagine Hue with those weapons.. Belichick got ran out of Cleveland too during his first HC tenure.

Belichick didnt really get run out of Cleveland.   The team relocated and started over.

He actually had the team going in the right direction up until 94.    Who knows what he couldve done if the Browns never moved.

Outside of the talent acquired during his tenure (which was largely a result of being so terrible and having numerous high picks), I dont think anyone looked at the Hue Jackson-coached Browns and felt they were going in the "right direction".    They immediately looked better after he was canned until an interim Gregg Williams.   That says alot.

However, I will never put it past Mike Brown to do something as stupid as promoting Hue.   Doubt he can be THAT stupid, but it also wouldnt shock me.

Archived