We need another CB!

DR43

Joe Haden is available for trade and I would love the Steelers to take a swing at him. He has a huge contract but that can be reworked, somehow. We have some young talented CBs developing but Haden is an upgrade over everyone except Burns. I'm so done with Cockrell who I had high hopes for. What are you willing for the Steelers to give up in order to get Haden?

12 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Joe Haden is available for trade and I would love the Steelers to take a swing at him. He has a huge contract but that can be reworked, somehow. We have some young talented CBs developing but Haden is an upgrade over everyone except Burns. I'm so done with Cockrell who I had high hopes for. What are you willing for the Steelers to give up in order to get Haden?

He is now available as a FA! Any chance we go after him?

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The Steelers will inquire but the price for the name will be too high.  He has not played well the last two years.  I would rather the Steelers sign Tuitt.

I don't think it will TBH.  And he hasn't played terrible.  2015 was his concussion year, but in 2016 he had 3 INT, 11 PD, 48 tackles.

By Comparison, Ross Cockrell had 0 INT, 14 PD, 62 tackles in 3 more games.  Artie Burns had 3 INT, 13 PD.  William Gay 1 INT, 7 PD.  Give me Haden as he still possess #2 CB ability and would instantly be better than Cockrell.  I'll try to find stats on Comp% against and Rating against, but I would bet again Haden is better than Cockrell and about where Burns is.

I think we need to go out and get this guy like 2 hours ago. According to Aditi K from the NFL network the Steelers are def interested and guys in the locker room, especially AB are putting in good words for him. AB would know how good of a player this guy is. 

27 minutes ago, warfelg said:

not the only one reporting this. 

I love it! Cockrell has been awful this pre season. Haden would be perfect opposite of Burns with Gay paving the way for Sutton in the slot. Our CBs don't look so bad anymore...provided the duo of Watt and Dupree coming off the edge proves to be deadly (which I believe it will).

I read (and not 100% sure on how valid this is) that Haden does have serious interest in us. He won't have to massively relocate, Rosenhouse and Colbert have a good relationship (since he represents a good number of Steelers players), we have the cap space, and most importantly, he sees us as a serious super bowl contender and wants to play on a team with that chance. 

30 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I read (and not 100% sure on how valid this is) that Haden does have serious interest in us. He won't have to massively relocate, Rosenhouse and Colbert have a good relationship (since he represents a good number of Steelers players), we have the cap space, and most importantly, he sees us as a serious super bowl contender and wants to play on a team with that chance. 

Not to mention it gives him a chance to "stick it" to his former team Week 1 and twice a year there after. 

2 hours ago, Chieferific said:

But isn't Man/Press Man what the Steelers are moving to?

I mean that the stats are misleading because of the different styles.  According to the Browns he has lost his speed and now his poor technique is catching up with him.  If the Steelers sign him I am afraid that they will pay more than $6M per year and be saddled with an old CB that can not play press man anymore.  And not sign Tuitt!!

I would have to think Haden would definitely be interested for the obvious reasons. The Steelers have the money to be competitive here.

If the health checks out, he's only 28. Cockrell is a try hard guy with limited physical ability and poor tackling. He's smart. That's his best attribute and has allowed him to overachieve, but he's maxed out already. Even a reduced Haden is simply a better football player by my estimation. It's about price and health to me.

The Steelers have a lot of guys who are well suited to the slot who can compete.. I look to keep Burns, Haden, Sutton, and Allen. And then its Cockrell, Hilton and Sensabaugh for the other two spots. Gay...I don't know, maybe try him at safety, though Tomlin seems averse to that. Golden needs to be gone and a converted CB can't be much worse than what we saw of him last year.

Does Haden really have less left in the tank than 2014 Browner? Because that one seemed to work out ok for the Patriots. And there's enough cap space to sign Tuitt and add Haden. Still $10m under.

Archived