Colt McCoy out with fractured fibula; may or may not go on IR

naptownskinsfan

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Or we can continue with Sanchez and just lose out. Why on earth people want to actively try to win games is beyond me? The season is shot. Lose the rest of our games and get the highest draft choice possible. 

Correct. 6-10 gets you top 10

I’m about as optimistic as they come. The only reasonable thing to do at this point is lose out. You activate all your young guys. Put everyone that is ailing on IR and let butt-fumble throw a bunch of picks.

If we tank well enough, we could be in line for a top 10 pick for our new regime to draft “their QB”.

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I’m about as optimistic as they come. The only reasonable thing to do at this point is lose out. You activate all your young guys. Put everyone that is ailing on IR and let butt-fumble throw a bunch of picks.

If we tank well enough, we could be in line for a top 10 pick for our new regime to draft “their QB”.

And even if we can’t get a QB we’ll be bad enough to get Greedy Williams. 

41 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You'd have to fire Bruce and Gruden now to go full tank.  Both are fighting for their jobs and will never go for it.

In case you care, if the draft was today, Washington would be 15th, second of a seven team group that are currently 0.500. That matters since that would mean they would pick 14th in the second round, but 20th in the 3rd.

3.33 [compensatory pick for Kirk Cousins (projected)]
4.19 [traded to Green Bay in exchange for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix]
5.33 [compensatory pick for Spencer Long (projected)]
6.17 [forfeited in exchange for drafting Adonis Alexander in the 2018 Supplemental Draft]
6.33 [compensatory pick for Ryan Grant (projected)]
7.38 [compensatory pick for Niles Paul (projected); if the math holds, Mr. Irrelevant pick]

Just now, MKnight82 said:

@Woz thread title could use a fix.

Okay ... sure, I'll fix it.

Of course, if he's out a month and there are only four games left to go, not putting him on IR only makes sense if you think you'll make the postseason.

With Mark Sanchez.

16 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

And this team can use top 10 talent. Hopefully they do get a top 10 pick and get Greedy Williams. 

Yep, that’s where I’m at. If you can get Greedy Williams and then trade up from the second round for Mack Wilson. Look, I get people hate what they did in picking up Foster but if for some reason they can get that dummy to turn his life around they just picked up a heat-seeking missile at ILB. Adding Williams, Foster and Wilson and possibly Shane Ray via Free Agency would do wonders for this defense. I’m also assuming Manusky is gone. 

Archived