Playoff Picture

dtait93

With the 6th seed as the only seed that's likely left up for grabs, the only remaining realistic teams in contention for it are the Steelers (7-4-1), Ravens (7-5), Dolphins (6-6), Colts (6-6), Broncos (6-6), and us at 6-6. We are currently losing all tie-breakers to all 5 of those teams so as you all know by now, we likely have to win out and we need a little help too. Here are each of the remaining schedules:

Steelers: @ Raiders (2-10), vs Patriots (9-3), @ Saints (10-2), vs Bengals (5-7). Combined Opponent Record: 26-22

Ravens: @ Chiefs (10-2), vs Bucs (5-7), @ Chargers (9-3), vs Browns (4-7-1). Combined Opponent Record: 28-19-1

Dolphins: vs Patriots (9-3), @ Vikings (6-5-1), vs Jaguars (4-8), @ Bills (4-8). Combined Opponent Record: 23-24-1

Colts: @ Texans (9-3), vs Cowboys (7-5), vs Giants (4-8), @ Titans (6-6). Combined Opponent Record: 26-22

Broncos: @ 49ers (2-10), vs Browns (4-7-1), @ Raiders (2-10), vs Chargers (9-3). Combined Opponent Record: 17-30-1

Titans: vs Jaguars (4-8), @ Giants (4-8), vs Redskins (6-6), vs Colts (6-6). Combined Opponent Record: 20-28

Couple interesting things here. I can easily see the Steelers dropping to the Patriots and Saints leaving them at 9-6-1 to end the season and opening the door for us to finish ahead of them if we win out. Similarly, I can see the Ravens losing to the Chiefs and Chargers leaving them at 9-7 and you never know with the Bucs, so 8-8 is a very possible finish for them. The Dolphins also have two losable games against the Patriots and Vikings and could also very possibly finish 8-8. I don't see the Colts winning out given their matchups with the Texans and Cowboys, but we would have to take care of business against them regardless so that's basically irrelevant. The team that nobody is talking about are the Broncos. They're on a 3 game winning streak and have an even easier cakewalk than us leading up to week 17 when they play a Chargers team that may very well be resting their starters. But even if they aren't, the Broncos still have the advantage of playing in Mile High and be it a divisional game, you never know what can happen.

Update 12/16:

Steelers: @ Saints (11-2), vs Bengals (6-8)

Ravens: @ Chargers (11-3), vs Browns (6-7-1)

Titans: vs Redskins (7-7), vs Colts (8-6)

With the Broncos dropping 2 straight, the Dolphins losing today, and us having to beat the Colts anyways in week 17, I removed them from the original list of teams to pay attention to. As we all know, the Steelers or Ravens have to lose 1 more coupled with us winning out in order for us to get in. The Super Dome is as tough as anywhere to play and the Saints may be the best team in the NFL so the Steelers will be up against it. The Chargers just beat the Chiefs who just beat the Ravens and I personally think they match up well with them so I think one of them will lose next weekend. But even if they don't, they both close out the season with divisional matchups and those can get wacky so I don't think the door will be completely shut on us. I like our chances for them to lose one of those four games.

That leaves us to protect our home field. We should be confident we can beat the Redskins who really aren't a good team right now. However, we can't let it become a trap game with Luck on the horizon. They are only 1 game behind Dallas for their division and are still in the thick of the wildcard hunt as well even with a 4th stringer as their QB so they aren't going to just roll over. I think we've learned our lesson and won't fall for the whole trap game thing again this time around. We are so clearly on a collision course with Andrew Luck and a playoff berth will be on the line. We don't deserve to be in the dance if we can't beat him on our own turf on our 11th try.

Denver has had me worried for a couple weeks now. They are going to be the problem

ALSO its doubtful but if the texans lost to the colts and jags and either Philly or the Jets and we win out we win the south LOL. I do think they lose to the Colts and to Philly honestly cause they can keep up with them in scoring but that jags game.. Idk about all that. 

Just another thing to think about

lol. THAT DAMN BILLS LOSS MAN. I knew when it happened that it would come back to haunt us. 

Playoffs or not I wanna win out and I think we do. If we dont then at least we get to enjoy some winning titans football and go into next year with our young players with more football under their belts.. And it would improve on our record last year which is nice. IDK 

At this moment in time all I care about is SMASHING the Jags. Hope Marcus is ready to RUN in a couple days lmao.

3 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Ravens, Dolphins, and Colts should lose this week. If love if the Niners could surprise everyone too.

But we have to take care of business Thursday first . A loss tomorrow and we can call the season over.  

Ya Titans need to keep winning. If they win I will drive to NJ next week for the Giants game but only if we win if they lose then I’m not going to waste the time and effort that it will take to drive 4 hours to and from the game 

55 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya Titans need to keep winning. If they win I will drive to NJ next week for the Giants game but only if we win if they lose then I’m not going to waste the time and effort that it will take to drive 4 hours to and from the game 

I already have tickets for the Giants game. Really need a win tomorrow to keep me from dreading sitting in the cold in Jersey.

6 minutes ago, SARGO127 said:

I already have tickets for the Giants game. Really need a win tomorrow to keep me from dreading sitting in the cold in Jersey.

Thinking about buying tickets but just don’t know yet... it’s about a 3 hr drive so not far but not looking forward to Barkley going for 150+ on this run defense.

53 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Thinking about buying tickets but just don’t know yet... it’s about a 3 hr drive so not far but not looking forward to Barkley going for 150+ on this run defense.

I have Barkley on all of my fantasy teams so I could live with that as long as we get the W.

Archived