Playoff Picture

dtait93

So if Steelers lose two more times. They are going to 7-8-1.  Let's say the Ravens win the division. 

That moves the Ravens up to the 4th seed. Opening up a wild card. If we went 2-1. 9-7. And the Colts lose two times. Once to the hot Cowboys and then to the Giants. They could beat us and be 8-8. If we beat the Giants and Washington then we'd be 9-7. 

Dolphins lose two times to be 8-8. 

So the Chargers get the 5th seed. 

1. Chiefs

2. Partriots

3. Texans

4. Ravens

5. Chargers

6. Titans

That is the only way we get in and still lose to the Colts. Did I get that right? 

40 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

So if Steelers lose two more times. They are going to 7-8-1.  Let's say the Ravens win the division. 

That moves the Ravens up to the 4th seed. Opening up a wild card. If we went 2-1. 9-7. And the Colts lose two times. Once to the hot Cowboys and then to the Giants. They could beat us and be 8-8. If we beat the Giants and Washington then we'd be 9-7. 

Dolphins lose two times to be 8-8. 

So the Chargers get the 5th seed. 

1. Chiefs

2. Partriots

3. Texans

4. Ravens

5. Chargers

6. Titans

That is the only way we get in and still lose to the Colts. Did I get that right? 

Steelers losing twice would put them at 8-7-1, but yeah, we'd still be ahead of them.

But we'd also need the Broncos to lose another game... In any scenario with them winning out, their conference record will get them in over us.  

I think it's more realistic for us to win out than for the Steelers, Dolphins, Colts to go 1-2 and Broncos to lose again. 

Im hoping the Colts don't win out and meet us in week 17 and have nothing to play for and we are hekped out by a couole lethargic players.

Yeah. Going 9-7 isn't gonna be ideal. Just trying to think of worst case best scenario. 

Beating the colts is just so much of a task. 

Getting there isn't easy either. 

Either way. Fun to be involved in December football. We are playing playoff football right now. Win or go home. 

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. Going 9-7 isn't gonna be ideal. Just trying to think of worst case best scenario. 

Beating the colts is just so much of a task. 

Getting there isn't easy either. 

Either way. Fun to be involved in December football. We are playing playoff football right now. Win or go home. 

Like someone said, if we can't ever beat Andrew Luck we don't deserve to be in.

14 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Like someone said, if we can't ever beat Andrew Luck we don't deserve to be in.

Yeah. But I feel like only Andrew Luck could beat us...if we are playing up to our potential. 

Feel we could beat almost anyone in the AFC if we got in the playoffs. 

But them Colts.....sheesh. Lol I'd feel somewhat optimistic against anyone else. Lol

I wanna see Dean Pees get a chance to actually call a game against Luck before I completely lose hope in beating him. It's probably no coincidence that our D had it's two worst games when he missed the Colts game and worked limited hours in prepping for the Texans. Relying on Vrabel to defensive game plan/play call just isn't gonna cut it. Couldn't really do it as the DC of the Texans, and asking him to do it while trying to do everything else a HC is responsible for on top of that? Yeah..not good enough.

Pees has went up against Luck twice. Luck's combined stats in those games: 58.2% completion percentage, 5.8 ypa, 1 td, 3 ints. Those are from the 2012 season wildcard game and a 2014 regular season game. 1-1 record, but the 2014 game was the one they lost and the Ravens defense held the Colts to 20 points(this being the year Luck threw for 40 tds overall), and 10 of those points came off drives starting in Baltimore territory(field goal after starting from the Baltimore 22, TD starting from the Baltimore 33). So in short, the Ravens offense being awful(a fumble and an INT set up those two scores) is why they lost that game.

Archived