Incog Mach Offseason (no draft)

incognito_man

In a complete 180, I'm offering this:

Head coach - Josh McDaniels

He's an electric playcaller, and quite frankly we probably need to go for a boom pick to maximize Rodgers last few years here.

Offensive coordinator - Kliff Kingsbury

Another young, electric offensive mind who would seem likely to want to work with either a McDaniels/Rodgers combo or McVay/Goff combo to leverage into a potential NFL HC gig in a couple years.

Defensive coordinator - Steve Spagnuolo

McDaniels goes with a guy he worked with when with the Rams. I can't see Spags getting a HC nod, but I bet the GB position would be attractive for him.

Goners: Tramon and Crosby are cut to bring us to about $50 million under.

Free agents -

Earl Thomas. There will be a few nice safeties on the market. But we ink ET to a similar deal as Jimmy Graham. Thinking about 3yrs, $32 mil. 

Muhammad Wilkerson. Bring him back. I want to see Spags with Clark, Daniels and Wilkerson. Another 1 yr $4mil ish deal.

Brandon Graham. Still playing like a top 10 edge guy. And fits nicely in a Spags scheme. A healthy Perry and Graham are nice bookends. 3 years, about $29million for Graham.

Your favorite guard here, there's a few. Maybe $6-$7 million per.

JJ Nelson. Get another vet WR on a bargain deal.

Probably an ILB too. We need one for depth and insurance for Jake Ryan. But I have to go now.

Superb owl

39 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Actually, McDaniels and Kingsbury could create a pretty damn dynamic offense I believe.  Spagnuolo would work also.  No objections to the personnel suggestions.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think they'd work well together.  Don't have anything to back that up, just a feeling.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think they'd work well together.  Don't have anything to back that up, just a feeling.

I read somewhere that they have a link of some kind - possibly served together on the same staff someplace.  Could be wrong - the wire is on overload with potential candidates and possible supporting casts.  I’ll see what I can dig up, because I’m curious also. 

Why I think it could be dynamic is that you combine the pro-style with the new, college offensive schemes.  Could be a recipe for disaster also I suppose.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

I read somewhere that they have a link of some kind - possibly served together on the same staff someplace.  Could be wrong - the wire is on overload with potential candidates and possible supporting casts.  I’ll see what I can dig up, because I’m curious also. 

Why I think it could be dynamic is that you combine the pro-style with the new, college offensive schemes.  Could be a recipe for disaster also I suppose.

The only tie I'm seeing is that Kliff Kinsbury played for the Patriots in 2003 when Josh McDaniels was a defensive assistant.  The problem I'm seeing is they're both natural play callers.  Is McDaniels really the type to give up play calling?  I don't think so.  And Kliff should have his choice of a LOT of jobs.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I assume McDaniels would want to call his own plays on offense.  No way would Kliff take the OC gig only to not call plays. 

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If we are going to bring in Kingsbury to help ignite the offense, why not just hire him as HC, 

Bcuz coaching Texas Tech was too much for him to handle. 

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The only tie I'm seeing is that Kliff Kinsbury played for the Patriots in 2003 when Josh McDaniels was a defensive assistant.  The problem I'm seeing is they're both natural play callers.  Is McDaniels really the type to give up play calling?  I don't think so.  And Kliff should have his choice of a LOT of jobs.

I think the more likely scenario if we hired McDaniels is Kliff would replace him with NE. 

Like any situation where we get some offensive help on the play calling.  The west coast style is gone and time to take advantage of our qb while he still has upside.  Don't have any input on defensive side but need a NEW special teams coach and reevaluation of our strength training/medical staff as our soft tissue injuries have been crippling the past few years.

13 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

I think the more likely scenario if we hired McDaniels is Kliff would replace him with NE. 

Then lets hire Fangio and bring in Kingsbury. Im not attached to Pettine. Although i  think he has done a good job Im satisfied to let Vic pick is own defensive staff.

Archived