• Miami Dolphins
    • New England Patriots
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Which player scores the most fantasy points during this game?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Tom Brady
    • Frank Gore
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Sony Michel
    • James White
    • Kenny Stills
    • Devante Parker
    • Danny Amendola
    • Josh Gordon
    • Julian Edelman
    • Chris Hogan
    • Mike Geisicki
    • Nick O'Leary
    • Rob Gronkowski
    • Jason Sanders
    • Stephen Gostkowski
    • Dolphins DST
    • Patriots DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2018 at 06:00 PM

cp-patriots-dolphins-helmets.jpg?fit=656

Every single game from here on out is a playoff game - PlayoffStatus.com now gives us a 92% chance to make the playoffs if we win out - and only a 30% chance if we drop one of the remaining games. These next two games are going to be the hardest, as we get the Vikings the week after. This week however, we get another crack at a Patriots team that decimated us in Week 4 when we came in 3-0. We're at home this time, however, and the Fins have shown in recent years to play the Patriots extremely hard at home. We're going to definitely need everyone to play at 125% for this one - the Patriots are in a middle of a contentious playoff race themselves for a first-round bye.

I do anticipate the team playing better in this matchup (certainly, there's no where to go but up... right?). But my brain tells me that despite recent Dolphins success against the Patriots at home, this will be a heartbreaking loss:

New England 29
Miami 24

Hope I'm wrong- GO FINS!

To win this game we have got to stop the run and limit the Pats Yards After Catch.  On Offense we need to start fast but play methodical and in control.  We need to establish a running game and use the play action more effectively.  I’d like to see us run more lead isolation plays like we did a few times last week using Nick O’Leary as the lead blocking back and Kenyon Drake as the ball carrier........IMO this should be our Offensive bread and butter......we use Gore in the 1 back sets and Drake out of the 2 back sets in which we can run the iso play on LBs, the lead draw, counter trap, and the play action with multiple routes by O’Leary and Drake.

2 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I’d like to see us run more lead isolation plays like we did a few times last week using Nick O’Leary as the lead blocking back and Kenyon Drake as the ball carrier

yessss, O'Leary smashed on those plays

35 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Ugh, looks like AFC Defensive Player of the Week, Miami DB Xavien Howard will miss the game from his knee injury. 

Damn, I wanted to see Brady avoid him all game again..

Whether we win this game or not will rest on the shoulders of Tannehill. We know that the Patriots are going to score. Can Tannehill put enough points on the board to keep us in this game. Our O-line is banged up again, with Brendel being out this week and Swanson still not at 100%. The Patriots love to blitz and this game won't be any different. Luckily, Amendola will play. For some reason it seems he Tannehill really doesn't like to throw to the TE that much, so having one of our better WR's back will help. I agree that this game holds our playoff hopes more than any other left on the schedule. We have to keep pace with the Colts, and we need to try and pull even with the Ravens. If we do loose, I think that the team will fall apart. The injuries have really beaten the Dolphins down this year, and every week it seems that we loose another player. A.J. Derby just went to IR.

With Howard out that means Minkah will be gone from the slot and Jones will be playing deep to cover the corners so the middle passing game and the run game should be wide open for the Patriots . Miami has not be able to consistent pressure on the QB this year so I see New England winning  easily.

Miami....………… 24

Patriots.…………. 38

Did anyone else see Ziggy Hood burst through the offensive line but somehow not make the play on that TD run? He should have eaten Devlin alive but somehow managed to totally whiff. At least they missed the XP. 

Sweet opening drive! Good play all around! Love seeing James pulling all the way across from the RT position to set Gore free! 

10 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

We can't keep up this pace. Our secondary is struggling without Xavien Howard. We gotta find a way to slow down Brady... ugh.

We are playing well on offense. We really need a stop on defense very badly.  JuWaun James is having a nice game too. 

C'mon Coach Burke. Do something good 

Archived