When will you have true confidence?

WindyCity

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I cannot trust them to beat the Packers until they actually do. Maybe even twice in a season.

Not going to lie, I'm loving seeing the Packers struggle these past couple of seasons.  About time the balance of power in the North has shifted over our way.  We will beat them at home in 2 weeks.

I'm just laughing to myself reading these messages.  It's like Bears fans have severe PTSD after all those years being the bottom feeders.  I'm sensing a lot of panic on here for nothing.

R-E-L-A-X everyone. This team is not expected to win a SB this year.  This team has already won as much games this season as they did in the past 2 seasons.  Just enjoy the ride.

Depends on what I am supposed to believe in. So it depends on the question. 

Are we Super Bowl bound?

- not a believer yet

Are we a playoff caliber team?

- I fully believe so

Are we a top 8 team? 

- I fully believe so

Top 4?

- Not to me, yet.

But I feel we CAN beat any team. I am a firm believer in that. I haven't said that since 2006 or so. So I'm pretty content, as that is a hell of an improvement. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I cannot trust them to beat the Packers until they actually do. Maybe even twice in a season.

That's exactly what I was going to say: when they can consistently beat the Packers and make it a rivalry again, I'll trust them completely.

At the moment, I trust them a good amount. I am concerned about the loss to NYG however because a loss to the Rams makes them 8-5 and then they're at home vs GB (see my first line).

26 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

That's exactly what I was going to say: when they can consistently beat the Packers and make it a rivalry again, I'll trust them completely.

At the moment, I trust them a good amount. I am concerned about the loss to NYG however because a loss to the Rams makes them 8-5 and then they're at home vs GB (see my first line).

Exactly this. I need them and Mitch to beat the Packers consistently. I need a QB who won't crap the bed against a rival. I'm not saying Mitch has but all the other QBs have.

12 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I'll start to trust them when they don't lose games to teams like the Dolphins and Giants this season, everytime I start to trust them they lose a stinker to a team they should beat.

This happens to the best of teams though.  For instance, New Orleans lost to TB week 1, NE lost to the Jags week 2 and to the Lions week 3, Texans lost to Giants week 3, Vikings lost to Bills week 5.  You're not going to win all the games your supposed to win, and you're not going to lose all the games your supposed to lose.  That's just the way the NFL works.

52 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

This happens to the best of teams though.  For instance, New Orleans lost to TB week 1, NE lost to the Jags week 2 and to the Lions week 3, Texans lost to Giants week 3, Vikings lost to Bills week 5.  You're not going to win all the games your supposed to win, and you're not going to lose all the games your supposed to lose.  That's just the way the NFL works.

Except those teams don’t do it year in year out. So I’ll still have my opinion that this team will not be trusted. They haven’t proven anything yet and with how inconsistent they have played they don’t deserve it. 

12 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Except those teams don’t do it year in year out. So I’ll still have my opinion that this team will not be trusted. They haven’t proven anything yet and with how inconsistent they have played they don’t deserve it. 

Haha that's fine man, I'm not asking you to trust them.  Just pointing out that all teams lose games sometimes that they should win, whether it's due to self destruction, bad officiating or just plain bad luck.

Bears have been extremely unlucky in 2 of their 4 losses.  Against both MIA and NYG they had two Tarik Cohen TD's taken away that should have stood.

We have a dominant D and a legit young QB who has weapon after weapon to throw to  ..

I am confident NOW  while still fully expecting growing pains. Mitch is hella inexperienced  !! Most of our roster AND COACH squarely falls into that same category  ! 

I'm so proud of this team ..  we are a rising giant. Pace needs to very smart and proficient over the next two offseasons as we absord the draft pick losses for Mack

IF  Pace does well and Parkey settles in (if not, we make it a top priority to bring in a real kicker) the Bears will be perennial contenders for foreseeable future

Enjoy it ! Don't let the PTStress disrupt your joy  !!

21 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Depends on what I am supposed to believe in. So it depends on the question. 

Are we Super Bowl bound?

- not a believer yet

Are we a playoff caliber team?

- I fully believe so

Are we a top 8 team? 

- I fully believe so

Top 4?

- Not to me, yet.

But I feel we CAN beat any team. I am a firm believer in that. I haven't said that since 2006 or so. So I'm pretty content, as that is a hell of an improvement. 

You are what your record says you are.

23 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Ok maybe not Howard but how are you not convinced that Robinson is a good fit?  This guy makes some pretty amazing catches.  Every offense can use a guy like that as far as I'm concerned.

Andy Reid has traditionally favored receivers with elite speed and quickness over big-bodied types. KC doesn't really have any receiver with a physical profile similar to Robinson's.

16 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Andy Reid has traditionally favored receivers with elite speed and quickness over big-bodied types. KC doesn't really have any receiver with a physical profile similar to Robinson's.

Hot girls say, "I'm everybody's type honey."

Robinson at his best is everybody's type.

Archived