When will you have true confidence?

WindyCity

Lol @ the PTSD comment because it's 100% accurate. The Packers own us until otherwise noted, the Bears have done NOTHING in my lifetime for me to not feel that way. They also will always **** the bed when it matters most -- again, they've done nothing to prove otherwise to me.

They can gain a TON of respect (read: benefit of the doubt) from me this year with how they finish under this new regime (Pace/Nagy/Trubisky).

10 minutes ago, G08 said:

Lol @ the PTSD comment because it's 100% accurate. The Packers own us until otherwise noted, the Bears have done NOTHING in my lifetime for me to not feel that way. They also will always **** the bed when it matters most -- again, they've done nothing to prove otherwise to me.

They can gain a TON of respect (read: benefit of the doubt) from me this year with how they finish under this new regime (Pace/Nagy/Trubisky).

The Packers beat the Bears last season at Soldier Field with Brett Hundley at QB.

17 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Packers beat the Bears last season at Soldier Field with Brett Hundley at QB.

This isn't the same Bears team.  I think the guys will be fired up for that game because of what happened back in week 1.  I feel good about our chances in this one provided we escape the Rams game fairly healthy.  

46 minutes ago, G08 said:

In your minds you have already lost to Rams and Packers.  

I still don't trust them but I say with about 95% confidence they will beat the Packers. That team is in total disarray and Rodgers is not playing well. We will see though. And the PTSD comment is spot on lol.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:09 AM, WindyCity said:

I do not trust the Bears. That is why I felt that the Giants game was important because it was one that they should win.

That was an absolutely picture perfect, according-to-Hoyle trap game, though. And I said as much on the forum. Even with that, if not for a couple of hideous calls (the untouched Cohen run comes to mind), they probably win.

On 12/4/2018 at 3:22 PM, RunningVaccs said:

I have still had the Packers game as my deadline to judge Trubisky, so might as well make it moratorium on the Bears as well.  

But...he's already beaten teams BETTER than the Packers. Some with pretty convincing performances. So--I don't get that...

6 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Haha that's fine man, I'm not asking you to trust them.  Just pointing out that all teams lose games sometimes that they should win, whether it's due to self destruction, bad officiating or just plain bad luck.

Bears have been extremely unlucky in 2 of their 4 losses.  Against both MIA and NYG they had two Tarik Cohen TD's taken away that should have stood.

Preach! 

19 hours ago, topwop1 said:

This isn't the same Bears team.  I think the guys will be fired up for that game because of what happened back in week 1.  I feel good about our chances in this one provided we escape the Rams game fairly healthy.  

Ya  ! Week 1 was  was a going away gift miracle for all Packers and packer fans  ..  it's our turn. This will show up next week   I bet they protect Rodgers and he doesn't even play  

17 hours ago, Sugashane said:

How dare you lob factual statements at me as if they are true!!!

Generally speaking.  If you played a cake schedule vs a brutal schedule then records can be a bit misleading.  I know some people want to say Bears have played a cake schedule.  

Bears have caught some teams at the right time this year, they caught Detroit, Buf and TB at a low point.  Those games were blow outs however, like they should have been.

It works two ways too.

GB caught Bears early in MT's development and with a newly injured Shaheen throwing off schemes they had worked on all summer.  Mia got a weather advantage, Bears played in Sun while they sat in the shade coming off a bye week in which a lot of them left town on vacations, presumably drinking a bit adding to dehydration factor, and Mack played hurt.  Even with that both games were razor thin.  In honesty Fangio lost the Mia game by gassing his defense with a prevent game plan.  Giants played against back up QB and during a hot stretch for them.  Again still a razor thin margin.  

Patriots just whooped them, it happens.

So like record says, Bears are a 2nd tier team.   Better than most expected.  They were supposed to be much improved and ahead of Lions, but still behind MN and GB.  MN and GB were supposed to be SB contenders.  

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Generally speaking.  If you played a cake schedule vs a brutal schedule then records can be a bit misleading.  I know some people want to say Bears have played a cake schedule.  

Bears have caught some teams at the right time this year, they caught Detroit, Buf and TB at a low point.  Those games were blow outs however, like they should have been.

It works two ways too.

GB caught Bears early in MT's development and with a newly injured Shaheen throwing off schemes they had worked on all summer.  Mia got a weather advantage, Bears played in Sun while they sat in the shade coming off a bye week in which a lot of them left town on vacations, presumably drinking a bit adding to dehydration factor, and Mack played hurt.  Even with that both games were razor thin.  In honesty Fangio lost the Mia game by gassing his defense with a prevent game plan.  Giants played against back up QB and during a hot stretch for them.  Again still a razor thin margin.  

So like record says, Bears are a 2nd tier team.   Better than most expected.  They were supposed to be much improved and ahead of Lions, but still behind MN and GB.  MN and GB were supposed to be SB contenders.  

So did the Eagles and Patriots last year (and really, NE does every year).

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

So did the Eagles and Patriots last year (and really, NE does every year).

It helps to play an easy schedule and have a late bye.

Season is often one of attrition.  Eagles uniquely played well despite a lot of key injuries.  So did Minnesota for most of season.

If Cook doesn't get blasted and taken out in first quarter of SB I think Patriots win that game.  

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

This is the only part  disagree with. It was a 1 score game and they had to have 2 special teams TDs to beat us.

We had more first downs, had 0.1 less yards per play, more total yards even before the White bomb, and one less turnover.

I feel they lucked into that win more than we we whooped.

Still a win regardless, but I feel the context is important here.

15 hours ago, Sugashane said:

This is the only part  disagree with. It was a 1 score game and they had to have 2 special teams TDs to beat us.

We had more first downs, had 0.1 less yards per play, more total yards even before the White bomb, and one less turnover.

I feel they lucked into that win more than we we whooped.

Still a win regardless, but I feel the context is important here.

Well then all the losses were close.  Feels like for years now we haven't even been in most games even if the score was close.

A 10 pt. lead may as well have been 21 because we couldn't score any points.

Archived