Saints Chargers immediate reaction.

Dome

Nice to get a preseason win.

No Grayson at all? Saints bout to cut him.

Lasco is a RB the same way Justin Drescher is a TE in Madden. Edmunds and Victor are both better players offensively. He better be a dang superstar on special teams if he's gonna take up a roster spot.

Kamara reminds me so much of Pierre Thomas. What a steal, even for a 2nd round pick.

TLL fizzled. Nobody on offense really stood out. Outside of Peat and Ramy early.

Defense looked much improved all around.

Muhammad and Mabry continue to impress. Our starting DL rotation looks ready to go as well.

Klein has been tremendous. Great signing. Robertson and Anzalone look primed too.

D backs are all hitting hard and keeping the plays in front of them.

really good showing all around. Hopefully we can keep building on that

Te'o actually looked pretty darn good as well. And Stupar has always been a solid special teams/coverage LB guy.

This is the deepest LB corp Payton has ever had. Even more so than the Vilma-Fujita days. Of course, those days also had Vilma...but in regards to depth...the Saints LB depth is very good right now.

The Saints now have three LBs who really could be 3-down LBs (Klein, Robertson, Anzalone). That's the first time that has happened since Vilma-Fujita-Shanle. I think that ultimately it will be Klein and Robertson in our base nickel package with Anzalone being back-up to both and being groomed to be a star LB in the future. Is it me or does Anzalone not have the look of a great LB? He looks a heck of a lot like a young Sean Lee to me.

I also have been really impressed with Muhammed. He looks like he could be the future at RDE.

5 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Te'o actually looked pretty darn good as well. And Stupar has always been a solid special teams/coverage LB guy.

This is the deepest LB corp Payton has ever had. Even more so than the Vilma-Fujita days. Of course, those days also had Vilma...but in regards to depth...the Saints LB depth is very good right now.

The Saints now have three LBs who really could be 3-down LBs (Klein, Robertson, Anzalone). That's the first time that has happened since Vilma-Fujita-Shanle. I think that ultimately it will be Klein and Robertson in our base nickel package with Anzalone being back-up to both and being groomed to be a star LB in the future. Is it me or does Anzalone not have the look of a great LB? He looks a heck of a lot like a young Sean Lee to me.

I also have been really impressed with Muhammed. He looks like he could be the future at RDE.

Muhammad is impressive for being out of football for as long as he has.

Kammara and Anzalone are steals and Ram was a very smart investment. The defensive backs look confident and play aggressive. Victor is a keeper, Te'o has impressed me a ton. Klein will be the best value signing of this offseason. Lutz is a beast! Michael Thomas is a DOG! Dennis Allen is flashing great play calling skills and the new defensive position coaches are making a difference.

Stephone Anthony will be dealt for a ham sandwich once healthy... Guess imma need a new sig. Lol

16 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Me = also reserved because it's still the preseason, but optimistic

Same here, but optimistic. I'm not getting too hyped up because it was the Chargers and a new HC, and it was our #1.5 offense. I actually thought we should have scored more, but that's vanilla play and preseason.

I'm digging the defense, so far. Could be a lot of fun, depending on where our secondary lands.

I also think it will be easier to attract better secondary talent if we can say "we have a great line, and solid LB corps, and safety play, all we need is YOU at CB, and we're set".

10 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I remember when we used to trash on Shanle.  We thought it couldn't get any worse.

On 8/21/2017 at 4:18 PM, Jlowe22 said:

I remember when we used to trash on Shanle.  We thought it couldn't get any worse.

He was really, really bad there in the end. He was cut about 2 full seasons too late. 

Archived