Manny/Patrick

Colt McCoy breaks leg, Sanchez to start

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

How does that make sense?

English decent Americans play for the Vikings. And Vikings raided Britain all the time. Far as I know, the Powhatans never crossed the Mississippi to fight whatever tribe Bradfords decent came from.

Im pretty sure Bradford isnt that strong into his roots to take that kind of stand

But I think you are forgetting that the whole problem is that Redskin is a derogatory term referring to native americans.

3 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

Im pretty sure Bradford isnt that strong into his roots to take that kind of stand

But I think you are forgetting that the whole problem is that Redskin is a derogatory term referring to native americans.

It is not. Powhatan people were brown. They were identified as red skinned due to the red clay they used as insect repellent by settlers. Because there was a language barrier, it was the only way to refer to them as.

It has NO meaning as to any other nation but the Powhatan Nation. The picture on the helmets is a depiction of a Powhatan warrior. Not any other Nations warrior.

To say "Redskins" refers to all natives is nonsense. Its like saying all Pakistan people are Japanese because theyre classified as Asian. The Powhatan tribe support and want the name to continue due to the history behind it. What any other tribe or nation has to say about it is irrelevant.

Edit: I will add that I do myself think the name should be changed to Powhatan's to represent them more formally, directive and respectfully.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

A team in Boston changed their name from the Braves to the Redskins in 1932 to honor a tribe from Virginia? That doesn't add up at all.

25 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

A team in Boston changed their name from the Braves to the Redskins in 1932 to honor a tribe from Virginia? That doesn't add up at all.

Alls I know is what I learned from some Powhatans at a festival in speaking with them.

The original intent may never be known. But if the Powhatans accept it, say the tale themselves, and like the name. Who am I to argue with them?

21 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

How does that make sense?

English decent Americans play for the Vikings. And Vikings raided Britain all the time. Far as I know, the Powhatans never crossed the Mississippi to fight whatever tribe Bradfords decent came from.

I think he was talking about Bradford's tendencies of getting injured.

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

kap needs to add this to his class action suite 

Add what exactly? Johnson has played for Gruden before thus has experience in his system. However, please continue on with this farce that a guy who was benched for Blaine Gabbert can somehow go to a team, learn the new system, suddenly be able to read defenses and not play sandlot football. 

54 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Add what exactly? Johnson has played for Gruden before thus has experience in his system. However, please continue on with this farce that a guy who was benched for Blaine Gabbert can somehow go to a team, learn the new system, suddenly be able to read defenses and not play sandlot football. 

When was the last time JJ played for Gruden?

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

More recently than Kaep has

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

More recently than Kaep has

I think it was like 5-6 years ago. Either he has a photographic memory or learning offenses is like riding a bike. 

Also this is assuming his offense hasn't changed a lot since then, which I highly doubt.

9 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Played for him in Tampa and Cincinnati which is more times than Kaep ever has. 

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I think it was like 5-6 years ago. Either he has a photographic memory or learning offenses is like riding a bike. 

Also this is assuming his offense hasn't changed a lot since then, which I highly doubt.

What about JJ's learning habits? Professional demeanor? Locker room intangibles? Contract demands?

There's more to it than learning a playbook.

Again, JJ has worked for Gruden. He's more reasonable than most options, definitely including Kaep.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

What about JJ's learning habits? Professional demeanor? Locker room intangibles? Contract demands?

There's more to it than learning a playbook.

Again, JJ has worked for Gruden. He's more reasonable than most options, definitely including Kaep.

I was literally addressing his argument that he would pick up the offense quicker. 

I did see somewhere that he went 0-6 so he has definitely proven he is capable of losing games, JJ that is (if that stat is correct).

I'm not a person that thinks Colin is being blackballed because the owners don't like his stance. He would be a distraction. NFL teams don't like distractions. If you want to pick up a worse player to avoid distractions fine by me. I just don't think his argument to as why they would pick up JJ instead if Colin is a very good one.

How has no one signed Peterman yet? Best of luck to Sanchez this week. Sanchez will make me actually not wish the whole NFC East loses this week.