Manny/Patrick

Colt McCoy breaks leg, Sanchez to start

Sucks about McCoy.  He's a guy I always thought could be a potential starter if he ever got another opportunity.  Poor guy had to wait 6 years for another chance to start after what I thought was a relatively decent season in 2011.

Why not bring in Johnny Football?  Throw him in and see what happens.  To my knowledge, he hasn't done anything stupid in the last year or so, and I can promise you're not going anywhere with Sanchez or Johnson....

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Add what exactly? Johnson has played for Gruden before thus has experience in his system. However, please continue on with this farce that a guy who was benched for Blaine Gabbert can somehow go to a team, learn the new system, suddenly be able to read defenses and not play sandlot football. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Johnson_(quarterback)

Career information
High school: Oakland Tech
(Oakland, California)
College: San Diego
NFL Draft: 2008 / Round: 5 / Pick: 160
Career history
 * Offseason and/or practice squad member only

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Gruden

Career history
As player:
As coach:

So, yes, Josh Johnson has been on a team that had Jay Gruden on the coaching staff twice: once when Gruden was an offensive assistant in Tampa Bay (when Johnson was a rookie, and appeared in zero games) and once when Gruden was the offensive coordinator in Cincinnati (Johnson appeared in two games and had zero attempts).

That said, I think saying that he has "experience in [Gruden's] system" is giving him too much credit. Saying "he's been around a team when Gruden was around said team" is probably more accurate.