Week 14 GDT: Time to get bucked by the Broncos!

N4L

Well, for those masochists out there, we have another game this week.

No Breida this week. Who knows if Goodwin will be back or not. 

They will probably run it down our throats, and I expect Emmanuel sanders and Cortland Sutton to tear us up this week as well. We might keep it close early, but I expect them to force a few turnovers and get some defensive scores. 

Von Miller is going to give McGlinchy a tough time. Mullens is a statue back there with a noodle arm. Teams have figured that out. I expect this to be his last start. 

Kittle will be the only positive this week. 

@Broncofan did a good job breaking down this game so I will just link to their GDT

BBOOOSSSSSSAAAAAAAA

Just now, John232 said:

Seriously thinking about running out Jeff Wilson and Dante Pettis as my flexes in the playoffs. Feel like Shanny schemes these dudes points. 

Been starting Pettis the last two weeks once it was known that Goodwin would be out. In a league where I can start three RBs, I may go with Wilson in place of Breida. I have Lindsay and Zeke as my other two, but my WRs aren't really good (Sanders/Pettis/Humphries), so Wilson it is! 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Been starting Pettis the last two weeks once it was known that Goodwin would be out. In a league where I can start three RBs, I may go with Wilson in place of Breida. I have Lindsay and Zeke as my other two, but my WRs aren't really good (Sanders/Pettis/Humphries), so Wilson it is! 

I've been getting burned by Michael Thomas and Kamara the last two weeks, i'm in a 30 point deficit in the second week of our matchups. Started DJ Moore and Tyler Lockett this past sunday. Hurts man. My other RB is Barkley, my other WR is TY. We have two flex spots. 

Feels reaaal sketchy to play Pettis and Wilson over Moore, Lockett, Landry and C. Davis (all other guys I have).

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

How many touches do you think Jeff Wilson gets this week? Will Alfred Morris eat into his workload significantly? I'm weighing starting him over Joe Mixon.

15 sounds about right. I'd imagine a handful of catches (he was surprisingly involved in that last week), and I think he'll  be the primary ball carrier, so I'd assume 12 carries or so and then a handful of targets  with some receptions. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

15 sounds about right. I'd imagine a handful of catches (he was surprisingly involved in that last week), and I think he'll  be the primary ball carrier, so I'd assume 12 carries or so and then a handful of targets  with some receptions. 

You think AlfMo will eat into it that much?

33 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

How many touches do you think Jeff Wilson gets this week? Will Alfred Morris eat into his workload significantly? I'm weighing starting him over Joe Mixon.

15-20 for sure. Even if we are down early, he seems to be a nice receiver and will get a lot of receptions. I'm starting him in one of my leagues as well.

Jeff Wilson Jr winning both of us fantasy championships this year!!!!

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he'll probably get carries, but I think wilson gets 15 touches accounting for both Morris and Dayes. Wilson should be the 1a running back. 

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

15-20 for sure. Even if we are down early, he seems to be a nice receiver and will get a lot of receptions. I'm starting him in one of my leagues as well.

Jeff Wilson Jr winning both of us fantasy championships this year!!!!

Shanahan is one of the best running game schemers in the NFL (if not the best), so if he's going to get a good amount of touches, I think it's worth starting him. I love Mixon, but with Driskel at QB, I am worried that he won't in the end-zone.

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Shanahan is one of the best running game schemers in the NFL (if not the best), so if he's going to get a good amount of touches, I think it's worth starting him. I love Mixon, but with Driskel at QB, I am worried that he won't in the end-zone.

In my case I am partially starting him due to Breida being hurt and really have no other flex option minus Carson, who is playing the Vikings. So I feel like you have more confidence in Wilson than I do lol.

Emmanuel sanders tore his achellies today. That might change our outlook on this game, it allows us to focus on their run game and make keenum move and throw on the run 

I'd like to see some run blitzes up the middle in keenums face 

43 minutes ago, N4L said:

Emmanuel sanders tore his achellies today. That might change our outlook on this game, it allows us to focus on their run game and make keenum move and throw on the run 

I'd like to see some run blitzes up the middle in keenums face 

Nope lol

It helps for sure tbh

Dudes, if you guys give Alf Morris touches over any other RB on your roster, the Commissioner's office should investigate SF for deliberate and overt tanking to get Bosa (then they'll suspend Kareem Hunt more for being peripherally involved in some altercation in the SF area this past summer while doing this investigation).

That doesn't mean I think Wilson Jr. is getting more than 15-20 touches...but even Dayes should get looks over Morris.  Alf looked good for 1-2 weeks...then the Geritol wore off.

Another point got brought up - other than the 2H in the GB game, Sherman stays on the L side.  But he moved to cover Adams when it was late in the GB game, and clearly no one else was being targeted by ARod as 1st look.   With Sanders out - will your DC adjust accordingly?  Man, it seems obvious to go that route.  What say you?  Again, if this never happened, then fair enough - but if it happened vs. GB and Adams, seems like a no-brainer now.

Archived