Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
N4L

Week 14 GDT: Time to get bucked by the Broncos!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

How is that possible though? They beat us...twice!

Ok, and we beat the raiders and the raiders beat them. All three teams have three wins 

How exactly do you plan on implementing head to head in this scenario? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

https://twitter.com/PGutierrezESPN/status/1071950924757786625?s=20

FWIW. This would explain why we are sitting at no.1 if accurate.

My guess is that these are the actual "up to date SOS" figures. Sites like tank-a-thon consider the entire season already, including games that haven't been played yet. So for example, in this scenario, we are missing games against the Rams, Bears, and Seattle. that would certainly decrease our SOS. In the cardinals case, they are missing games against Atlanta, the Rams, and Seattle. The difference between the Bears and Atlanta obviously accounting for the difference there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Forge said:

My guess is that these are the actual "up to date SOS" figures. Sites like tank-a-thon consider the entire season already, including games that haven't been played yet. So for example, in this scenario, we are missing games against the Rams, Bears, and Seattle. that would certainly decrease our SOS. In the cardinals case, they are missing games against Atlanta, the Rams, and Seattle. The difference between the Bears and Atlanta obviously accounting for the difference there. 

Correct, they are up to date SOS, something I was referring to earlier. But our SOS is obviously going to change big time after the next three games against SEA/CHI/LAR. Man, we can really go from having the #1 overall pick to like the 6th overall pick with another one. Have to be careful during the final stretch.

Rams losing today was good. Now little chance either the Saints or Rams clinch the #1 seed before week 17. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Correct, they are up to date SOS, something I was referring to earlier. But our SOS is obviously going to change big time after the next three games against SEA/CHI/LAR. Man, we can really go from having the #1 overall pick to like the 6th overall pick with another one. Have to be careful during the final stretch.

Rams losing today was good. Now little chance either the Saints or Rams clinch the #1 seed before week 17. 

The thing that sucks is that the Cards' non common opponents have basically bottomed out. I don't know what's going on in ATL, but they are checked out. Thankfully though, someone has to win that game next week (and even a tie would be beneficial for us), and I think Washington is just toast. I mean, when you're on qb4, I can't really expect you to win another game lol

On the flip side, the Giants are playing their best football of the year, and the Bucs defense is actually playing their best football of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't see the game. Kittle is having the best year in 49ers history, and it's on a terrible squad. I hope he shines better with Jimmy G next year. 

The team might be murdered their last three games though. Seahawks, Bears, and Rams. Good for securing the top draft spot. Only three more weeks, and the nightmare is over. 

 

Edited by PapaShogun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mitchell played zero snaps I believe. Or at least I didn't notice him in the game. And we pretty much controlled Lindsay who was on a tear. Um, it took Saleh THIS long to figure this out? 

Pettis is emerging as a reliable 3rd down WR. Did have that one drop but he's the guy Mullens has been looking at on 3rd downs. That route running is not normal. I compared his route running to Doug Baldwin before the draft and I stick with that. Both have unreal releases and are a problem on two way routes. Pettis needs to get a bit stronger though. 

DJ Reed was super physical and made play after play. What happens next week if Williams is healthy? I was confident from day one that Reed and Warner would be good players and deliver. It hasn't worked for Reed at FS, but he is much better at corner. Now finally getting his shot. 

McGlinchey and Staley were very good in pass protection all game long. Miller got that one sack when McGlinchey was held but that was about it. Chubb got his sacks off a stunt and on Person I believe.

Marcel Harris was also good in both against the run and pass. Intrigued to see him the rest of the way. Could flash like Colbert did last year. 

Solomon Thomas got the interior rushes with Day out and was the first game all season he was getting after the QB. Missed two sacks he should have had and then committed a stupid roughing the passer penalty. Though nice move splitting the double team lol.

Spoon once again had a strong game on coverage. But once again had a penalty…. This time definitely warranted with his trip lol. 

Wilson didn't have a monster game or anything, but was running hard just like last week. Needs to protect the ball better but nice UDFA. 

Kittle was Kittle, no further analysis needed here. Special player. 

Lastly, Mullens played well. Going back to the 2nd half of the Seahawks game, he's starting to get in a rhythm. Has nice chemistry with Pettis and was making good decisions for the most part. If he can do this the rest of the season, then he very well may be our back next year. Fair to say we have seen the last of Beathard for the season unless Mullens gets hurt. 

Thanks for the breakdown of the studs and duds. Like I said in my previous post, I didn't see the game, so this is helpful. Since Mitchell didn't get any snaps, did DJ Jones get any? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Thanks for the breakdown of the studs and duds. Like I said in my previous post, I didn't see the game, so this is helpful. Since Mitchell didn't get any snaps, did DJ Jones get any? 

Yes. He played very well. Helped shut down Lindsay right at the point of attack. Very impressive in a few plays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yes. He played very well. Helped shut down Lindsay right at the point of attack. Very impressive in a few plays

I guess Mitchell is gone next year then right? Because I've heard more than once that Jones should have gotten the nod over Mitchell. Since before the season even. I guess Mitchell got the OG treatment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PapaShogun said:

I guess Mitchell is gone next year then right? Because I've heard more than once that Jones should have gotten the nod over Mitchell. Since before the season even. I guess Mitchell got the OG treatment. 

I thought Jones was excellent in the preseason, but that can be hard to gauge given the uneven level of competition. I won't blame them for making that call to start. But if Jones plays the remainder of the season and plays like he did today, there's definitely no reason for Mitchell to be on this roster next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×