Week 14 GDT: Time to get bucked by the Broncos!

N4L

3 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I have no animosity toward Juice or Kittle. They are often more dependable than some of our WRs. 

I don't either. But it is a big reason why the starting decision matters, and that may have not been apparent to Mssr Broncofan.

18 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I don't either. But it is a big reason why the starting decision matters, and that may have not been apparent to Mssr Broncofan.

I don't think our starting decision matters for how much snaps a player gets. We won't run out the same 11 guys play after play and certainly at WR we use a lot of rotation if we have enough healthy guys.

14 hours ago, JIllg said:

Figured Goodwin was back - but isn’t Garçon still out?  Seems like Goodwin and Pettis can easily co-exist then.  Would give our secondary a ton of problems with Kittle and Wilson Jr. if our pass rush doesn’t get there. 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Figured Goodwin was back - but isn’t Garçon still out?  Seems like Goodwin and Pettis can easily co-exist then.  Would give our secondary a ton of problems with Kittle and Wilson Jr. if our pass rush doesn’t get there. 

Yeah Garcon is out but usually Kendrick Bourne fills that role when he isn't available. But i think we will see all three get snaps together and in different combinations of them.

So shanny did give a vote of confidence to Saleh, but did offer this as well to MM:

I know we’re going to have some tough decisions to make, just personnel-wise, possibly staff-wise, just the whole building,” Shanahan said. “But I try not to make any decisions until the time comes. I want to let this all play out.

“You never want to make decisions just to make decisions. When you do have a bad year like we have, just record-wise, I know that’s what people want. They want drastic change. They want quick answers. The key, though, is to get it right and to make sure you do the best thing possible to put our team in the best chance possible to win. That’s what we’re going to do hard after this year.”

Would you expect LB Pita Taumoepenu to be up on Sunday?

“I think he’s got a good chance to.”

With Watson hurting, I like at least giving the kids a shot. As a sixth rounder, the odds that he was going to be a huge hit were slim, but there's nothing to lose at this point. He's had some time to learn, let's see if he can put anything out there

According to The Associated Press, the 49ers’ five takeaways are the fewest for any team by this point in the season since — and you might want to sit down for this — 1940. Back then a new home cost about $2,900, gas was 18 cents a gallon and the president was Franklin Roosevelt.

Lovely

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Lovely

Saving them all for next year? 

Turnovers are just one of those things, some years you can't seem to get any, other years the ball with bounce off three people right into the defender's lap. It's a 'fluke' play that has a semblance of a pattern during a season. 

At least we've stopped turning the ball over so much? We still do it, just not as frequently. 

It's not any one particular player doing it either, basically everyone has had at least one or two.

Honestly the closer this game gets, the more it feels like a Niner win. I would hate losing that #1 overall pick but it feels like a certancy that we will find a way to muk this up like we did with Myles Garrett. 

Keenum throws rainbows. His arm isn't strong and the ball just floats in the air. All of his targets are super young. Their WRs are first and second year guys, their rbs are both rookies. Just feels like keenum is going to have a terrible game and we may actually get some turnovers. Our super young defense has gotten schooled by veteran offenses, but this week we are going up against equally young and inexperienced guys and I'd say that we may even be more talented on defense than they are on offense right now, which is insane when you think about it 

Theoretically zone coverage with the ball hanging in the air could lead to some undercutting of routes and a couple of batted passes at least. Keenums balls just don't have zip on them. 

I do think Buckner will have a game and armstead has started to play pretty well too. 

I also just think Kyle will scheme it up on offense. Von Miller is going to have his way with mcglinchy, but if we know that going in we can give him extra help. Maybe throw some screens or run right at him. 

Idk. Whatever

19 hours ago, Forge said:

So shanny did give a vote of confidence to Saleh, but did offer this as well to MM:

Maybe we have to look at who is available. Don't fire a "meh... he's kinda okay" Saleh before you know who's out there. If Kyle makes phone calls, after staffs are fired after week 17, and he has a guy who he thinks is clearly better than Saleh, then you fire Saleh. If not, you stick with him and try to get better positional coaches. You don't fire the guy just to fire the guy. But you don't close the door on upgrading. It's pretty clear position coaches are going to change. Saleh... we'll see. It might be a case of no better options being available. Plus, he has excuses. Injuries, the loss of Foster, not being provided with players who can rush from the outside. 

So of course Kyle will support his coaches publicly. He should. He should always give a vote of confidence to his staff and his players. A vote of confidence now is not job security, though. Even if Saleh is eventually fired, Kyle will probably say he was a great coach who helped build the defense, but there was an opportunity to hire someone he feels gives us a better chance to succeed in the future, and he wishes Saleh all the best in his future endeavours. 

20 hours ago, Forge said:

Lovely

And don't forget that the Prime Minister of Canada at the time was William Lyon Mackenzie King. Not only did that man shape Canada for decades to come, he also inspired the movie The Lyon King. True story.

And don't worry about this lack of turnovers. We're getting 7 turnovers tomorrow. Get back to this post once you see it happening. I'm a genius. You're welcome.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No Sheldon Day or K'wann Williams. So Thomas gets all the interior rushes and Reed replaces Williams. Like it, been waiting for Reed to get his shot at the slot. DJ Jones AND Julian Taylor are both active. No more Mitchell please. 

Day is hurt, or just inactive? 

Looking forward to seeing Reed in the slot. Agree that I don't love him manning the safety spot. Would much rather see him as the nickel corner. 

Archived