Week 14 GDT: Time to get bucked by the Broncos!

N4L

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Been saying this.

Nice coverage by Spoon, jumped a bit early there or else he had a INT chance or at least a PD opportunity. 

When I saw that first thing I thought was and that’s why we only have 5 turnovers. Great coverage, but just bad ball skills 

2 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Why? Before McKinnon got injured, the rumor was that we were keeping he, Breida, Morris, and Mostert. Mostert's a special teams ace. Teams will keep them. The fact that he also looked good running the ball is a bonus.

I don't think we were ever keeping them all if McKinnon was healthy to start the season. Maybe there was a possibility if we were unsure of his health in the opening week or two, but we also had an open slot with Foster's suspension, so I doubt that they would have stuck around past that point. But that's just my opinion. I don't think we would have kept them all to begin with. 

6 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I do. Keep him. He's got a power to him that none of the other backs do. McKinnon, Breida, and Wilson is a good backfield. If we keep Mostert around, I think we can still go with all four.

I think we now can completely cross RB off our draft board which is nice to do when two of those four we found as UDFAs. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think we were ever keeping them all if McKinnon was healthy to start the season. Maybe there was a possibility if we were unsure of his health in the opening week or two, but we also had an open slot with Foster's suspension, so I doubt that they would have stuck around past that point. But that's just my opinion. I don't think we would have kept them all to begin with. 

Back in the preseason, Morris was the only one able to run the ball. Because of that, he was always pretty likely to make the roster. Mostert vs. Burbridge was a special teams battle that Mostert won. 

But that said: 

McKinnon - Off a torn ACL
Breida - Injured every other play
Mostert - Two straight years on IR

There's plenty of reasons for Shanny to keep four RBs on the active roster with Juice. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

DJ Jones!!!!! My goodness, dude is a tank in the middle. Two stuffs in the early going already. Nice job playing Mitchell all season!!!!

Mitchell's career here should be done after this year. DJ Jones + you can play someone as an undersized 1 tech, or you just draft a guy in the late rounds / sign a cheap run stuffing vet off the cheap FA scrap heap. 

Archived