Natinals, Patrick Corbin Agree to 6-Year Deal Worth $140MM

ramssuperbowl99

3 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

At least Strasburg had pitched well for more than a season.  Also haven't looked but I wager Stras doesn't also throw a slider nearly 50% of the time.

When Strasburg signed it, he had been healthy for one entire season out four

It's now one out of seven

5 minutes ago, Slateman said:

When Strasburg signed it, he had been healthy for one entire season out four

It's now one out of seven

They're paying Stras 6.25 mil per WAR.  Cost of 1 WAR is between 10 and 11 mil.  It's a good deal.  Also...a laundry list of other stats that I could pull up but the fact you think the Stras deal is worse is...not worth going to those lengths over.

Just now, JammerHammer21 said:

We're better off without him. Probably has a 5.00 ERA if he had to face a DH instead of a pitcher

Or if hitters just stop swinging at his slider which he only threw for strikes...less than 30% of the time I believe?  And threw 40%+ of the time?  

11 minutes ago, GmenSeattle said:

They're paying Stras 6.25 mil per WAR.  Cost of 1 WAR is between 10 and 11 mil.  It's a good deal.  Also...a laundry list of other stats that I could pull up but the fact you think the Stras deal is worse is...not worth going to those lengths over.

It's not when he misses half a season. He was at 12 per 1 WAR.

He has stayed healthy one season. One.

Stras is already losing velocity.  Hes two seasons, at most, from his second TJS.

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I thought the >$126MM thing was like he got $128MM or something present day so the agency could brag about it. 

Nope. Gawddamn.

Oh my. That's Cole Hamels/Jon Lester territory, but without either of the track records.  

Archived