Week 14 Jags vs. Titans

KingTitan

I don’t know how the Titans will win this game but think they do mostly based on the short week. 

This needs to be the week the Titans defense forces multiple turnovers enough of getting shredded by bad QBs. I know when you look at McCowns numbers we didn’t get shredded but there was a motto thrown around all training camp MMCNB and it’s hard to live up to that motto when you take Adoree and ply him 8 yards off the WR or when it’s 3rd and 2 we play 5 yards off like what are we doing here? Let’s Man the help up and force this bum to beat us beating man coverage 

YUP dont care about the playoffs this week. Feels like this is our only true rival 

We've beat them 3 times in a row. I WANT 4! I want to start a streak on them like the colts had on us

It might get ugly but I think Malcom Butler has a good game. Think he got his swag back last week. KB is getting a pick. Also screens to lewis and end arounds with Batson are coming. 

AND.  SURPRISE PLAYER OF THE GAME? TAYLOR! I think Davis will be pretty much covered up. And Taylor is faster than AJ on the left side. Thinking hes gonna beat him a couple times.

I agree, Conklin has been struggling badly. It looks like he’s ICE SKATING out there. Instead of pulling him at RT though, a wise move would be to kick him into Right Guard and then have Kelly play RT. A line of LT: Taylor Lewan LG: Josh Kline C: Ben Jones RG: Jack Conklin RT: Dennis Kelly would give us the best chance to protect Mariota and maybe run it for a gain of more than 0.5 yards.

The adjustment from power scheme to zone running scheme just hasn’t suited Conklin’s skill set well at all. I think at Guard though, he would excel.

2 hours ago, Mariota615TN said:

I agree, Conklin has been struggling badly. It looks like he’s ICE SKATING out there. Instead of pulling him at RT though, a wise move would be to kick him into Right Guard and then have Kelly play RT. A line of LT: Taylor Lewan LG: Josh Kline C: Ben Jones RG: Jack Conklin RT: Dennis Kelly would give us the best chance to protect Mariota and maybe run it for a gain of more than 0.5 yards.

The adjustment from power scheme to zone running scheme just hasn’t suited Conklin’s skill set well at all. I think at Guard though, he would excel.

Maybe a line up of
LT-Lewan
LG-Jones
C- Levin
RG-Conklin
RT-Kelly
I think that might be the best one, judging on the play from Sunday. 
Kline just shouldn't be on the field. 

Conklin isn't getting benched or moved. His 2 seasons of high level play have earned him the right to play through this slump. And he largely good when he first started playing this season.

In other news:

4 of those INTs came in that Pittsburgh TNF game too, for whatever that's worth.

People need to completely give up on the notion of Conklin at OG.

Even if he were to end up failing at RT, he would become a backup RT. He's not an OG and nothing about him suggests OG.

Thank god we finally found 2 safeties that can play so people can stop suggesting that every bad CB we have switch to safety. That went on for years.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

People need to completely give up on the notion of Conklin at OG.

Even if he were to end up failing at RT, he would become a backup RT. He's not an OG and nothing about him suggests OG.

Thank god we finally found 2 safeties that can play so people can stop suggesting that every bad CB we have switch to safety. That went on for years.

Every bad CB? McCourty was the only one I remember seriously discussed about here. 

NO hinges on

are we facing 2-10 on a regular basis so the O becomes too predictable 

can we tackle and not give up extra yards making 2-10 a 2-6.  A 3-8 a 3-3.  Then on third down do we cover well enough to get them off the field.  

The Jags need to have more 3-outs then we do so we win the field position battle 

AND -  all I want for x mass is a TD not a FG at least 1 if not 2

Archived