Week 14 Jags vs. Titans

KingTitan

3 of your 4 factors are directly related to Mariota and LaFleur.  If Mariota makes good decisions and LaFleur calls a good game, we won't face too many 2nd and 10s (and when we do, we'll have a good play call to put us in better 3rd to go situations); we won't have (m)any 3 and outs; and we won't settle for FGs. 

Simple as that...

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Doesn’t every game hinge on Mariota and LaFleur not sucking at their jobs? Otherwise this team would be a hell of a lot better than an average 6-6 record.

Throw the o-line in there and yes.

6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Every bad CB? McCourty was the only one I remember seriously discussed about here. 

I shouldn't have said bad CBs, but CBs who lack speed. Verner was another one. I'd have to go back and see the depth charts as there were others, but the Mccourty one was every off-season.

53 minutes ago, TitanTuff said:

It seems like we lose the opening coin toss more often than not. And each time we lose, we have to receive the ball. Anyone know the ratio of our losses vs losing the flip? 

If I wasn’t working right now I would go check but I agree it’s a lot. If anyone has time to go back and go through Jim Wyatts tweets until the Miami game he always tweets it out.

I will say there were times early in the season we didn win an elect to receive as well

So how do the Titans win this game tonight? Obviously when your defense and special teams make plays unless you are the Jets you will win games but with the Titans it’s hard to expect them to do any of that tonight.

If we can’t get turnovers how will they win this game? Will Henry Lewis and Mariota be able to run their way to a win?

If Marcus is going to pass on them tonight honestly Taylor Batson and Lewis would be the 3 guys who could plays to win this game tonight.

I don’t know how TEs have done against the Jags this season so I don’t know if Jonnu Smith will be a factor in the passing game. Maybe Firkser stays effective.

In 3 games vs the Jags Corey’s Davis has been a non factor so it would be nice for that to change but not sure how helpful Davis or Sharpe are this game 

13 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

So how do the Titans win this game tonight? Obviously when your defense and special teams make plays unless you are the Jets you will win games but with the Titans it’s hard to expect them to do any of that tonight.

If we can’t get turnovers how will they win this game? Will Henry Lewis and Mariota be able to run their way to a win?

If Marcus is going to pass on them tonight honestly Taylor Batson and Lewis would be the 3 guys who could plays to win this game tonight.

I don’t know how TEs have done against the Jags this season so I don’t know if Jonnu Smith will be a factor in the passing game. Maybe Firkser stays effective.

In 3 games vs the Jags Corey’s Davis has been a non factor so it would be nice for that to change but not sure how helpful Davis or Sharpe are this game 

Well, I'm not expecting any turnovers since our defense sucks at forcing them and not expecting anything from the special teams unit either since Adoree sucks at punt returns and Jennings looks like he's not 100%.

Honestly we'll probably just have to grind them out again. Indy is 9th in yards gained and 8th in scoring offense and they were shut out. Meanwhile, we're 28th in both yardage and scoring so I have no doubt it'll be another ugly Titans-Jags Thursday night game everyone will complain about. Shut down their offense, Marcus will have to be savvy with his legs and smart with his arm to put a few drives together to get a bit of a lead, and make their defense quit by the 4th.

don't feel great about this one. we're gona get the jags' best shot, and if we play even half as poorly as we did against the jets we'll lose. need the defense to tighten up against the run and a good, mistake-free game from the offense. 

Archived