Week 14 Jags vs. Titans

KingTitan

Not great to see Jonnu out. I haven't paid much attention to Firkser's blocking ability, but given he's becoming a reliable pass catcher, hopefully he can do enough there to stay on the field. Firkser is making his case to be on the roster past this year, hopefully Delanie and Jonnu are healthy next year. 

Well some of you guys have Greg Cossell on your side.

Cossell said he would be in the market for a RT and that he still believes Conklin should and would be a good OG.

I just don't see it, but he knows more and watches more than I do.

Conklin is Jon Robinson's first ever draft choice, so we'll see how he feels about that. I don't think he's moving anytime soon.

The game was a perfect reason you never box score scout games. If Davis catches the pass in the end zone and the defender doesn't grab Davis, Mariota's day suddenly turns in to 80% completion percentage, 9.2 yards per attempt and a QB rating of 115. That's not even factoring in the Taylor drop, cause that's another like 40 yards or whatever which is gonna bump his YPA up tremendously and thus his QB rating too.

Mariota actually played better vs the Jags than he did vs the Jets, but his Jets game has a 15 point better QB rating.

Mariota's INT was ugly, but outside of that he played a pretty good game. He short hopped a pass to Sharpe that was ugly but you're gonna have ugly passes in games, not really that big of a deal.

Outside of his three bad throws, I think Mariota had a very average game. The run game was so strong that he didn't really have to do much, similar to how Dak Prescott has a "good" game whenever the Dallas running game is going off. He was largely throwing to guys who were wide open.

I think his two best throws were the one Davis should have caught in the end zone and the one out route to Firkser. Taylor should have caught that deep ball, but I remember thinking it looked like it was underthrown by ~3 yards to the inside of him and he had to run back to it.

13 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

The game was a perfect reason you never box score scout games. If Davis catches the pass in the end zone and the defender doesn't grab Davis, Mariota's day suddenly turns in to 80% completion percentage, 9.2 yards per attempt and a QB rating of 115. That's not even factoring in the Taylor drop, cause that's another like 40 yards or whatever which is gonna bump his YPA up tremendously and thus his QB rating too.

Mariota actually played better vs the Jags than he did vs the Jets, but his Jets game has a 15 point better QB rating.

Mariota's INT was ugly, but outside of that he played a pretty good game. He short hopped a pass to Sharpe that was ugly but you're gonna have ugly passes in games, not really that big of a deal.

That pretty much nails my thoughts on his game. He looked sharpe, except for that bad int and another pass. Other than that he says doing a good job in the pocket, which has been my biggest critique of his since the Ravens game. 

His stats don't look good but he didn't have to do much. I think he was 6/7 in the 2nd half. 

The line and Henry deserve all the credit in this one... But Mariota looked like he was ready to take the baton if needed. 

Also...the that of him running sad he in this one. You could see he always attracts at least 2 defenders due to what he can do when he keeps it. It honestly gives the RBs the cut back potential. It's really nice to see it coming ask together. The play calling , the film defenses are looking at, its starting to open things up... Maybe./i hope. 

Archived