The Gnat

NFL Looking to Change up Punting

I'm assuming also a play that has more injuries with it. I wonder what they'll come up with.

Since they are crowsourcing, it'll likely be just changing it to "Punty McPuntFace"

Steelers special team's coach Danny Smith will still find a way to screw up whatever they come up with.

Keep punts the same but the first gunner down the field has to beat the returner in a best-of-three Rock, Paper, Scissors game or else the returner can keep running.

The CFL has a "no yards" rule. There is no fair catching, but it is required to give the Returner at least 5 yards space when he is initially fielding the punt. 

whats wrong with punts? just get rid of that block in the back garbage that ruins every special teams play.

29 minutes ago, Livewire said:

Steelers special team's coach Danny Smith will still find a way to screw up whatever they come up with.

Does he still chew way too much gum on the sidelines?

First they kill kickoffs with the change to the 35 yard line, now they are trying to kill punt returns. Sucks they are eliminating a part of the game that produces some of the most exciting plays in the sport.

26 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Does anyone remember I return without a flag?  I don't.

Yes.  I remember lots of them, as I can't recall the last time I saw a penalty on a punt.  It's needless to change special teams play any more than they already have.  I'm already bored with the arena league nature of regular play...I guess they really want me to stop watching the NFL.   

Edited by swede700

Just now, tyler735 said:

First they kill kickoffs with the change to the 35 yard line, now they are trying to kill punt returns. Sucks they are eliminating a part of the game that produces some of the most exciting plays in the sport.

Kickoffs are boring. Punts are fun and cool.

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Kickoffs are boring. Punts are fun and cool.

Kickoffs use to be fun and cool. Who remembers the Devin Hester days?

Just now, atown703 said:

Kickoffs use to be fun and cool. Who remembers the Devin Hester days?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devin_Hester

NFL records
  • 20 total return touchdowns, career
  • 14 punt return touchdowns, career

Most of his craziness were on punts, not kickoffs.

very true but he still made kickoffs fun to watch. I'm sure if you googled it, there has been twice as many punt return TDs over kickoff TDs throughout the entire league history