Bills Release WR's Benjamin (signs with KC) / Holmes (signs with DEN)

JammerHammer21

Dream scenario for Benjamin. He pretty much quit on Carolina and never seemed interested in Buffalo but now he gets a shot in the playoffs with arguably the best offense in the league right now. If he can’t make it work there, he won’t anywhere. 

Chiefs are making a huge mistake.  I'm not saying it is the end of the world or anything, but Benjamin is literally a negative on the field.  As in his presence makes your entire offense worse.  The spacing gets smaller because nobody respects what he can do over the top, he can't generate separation, and forget about him consistently making those tough catches.  He's among the worst route-runners I have ever seen, maybe the worst.  And to top it all off, he seems like a God awful teammate.  There is a reason Newton's numbers were 100x better without him than with him.  He ruins the offense he plays in.  It would be akin to taking your #2 blocking tight end and sticking him outside at wide receiver.

I don't get why they would do this.  I don't even think he has potential.  Even if he cared to get into shape and put maximum effort in (he won't), he's still slow with bad hands and bad route-running.  That is like the worst combination.

11 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

why would the Chiefs ever...?

The year after we won the Super Bowl (Denver), our kickoff game was a rematch vs. Carolina and we were having major problems covering him.

Not saying that he is the same player or that KC even gives a damn about us Broncos at the level they are playing at, but it's food for thought. 

Archived