Week 14 @Miami: I Have a Bad Feeling About This

Elky

21 minutes ago, Elky said:

It's hard to be optimistic when Belichick keeps being unprepared for big time plays; first the Philly Special now this.

This one is a head scratcher. I think he'll be mortified at himself, and will question himself (inwardly). He would know that a QB isn't throwing it 75 yards. It must have been a situation where Gronk is out there on the packaged final play team, and BB hasn't noticed it. I think Flores and Gronk et al must have thought they'd taken the initiative, and just got the usual final prayer defense on the field. BB knows that it would have been laterals...

Well, I can't think of any other explanation.

As for Philly - we had to go to the well several times that day. Possibly the hardest game we've ever played, probably the best a team has ever been on us. 

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

This one is a head scratcher. I think he'll be mortified at himself, and will question himself (inwardly). He would know that a QB isn't throwing it 75 yards. It must have been a situation where Gronk is out there on the packaged final play team, and BB hasn't noticed it. I think Flores and Gronk et al must have thought they'd taken the initiative, and just got their a's on the field. BB knows that it would have been laterals...

Well, I can't think of any other explanation.

As for Philly - we had to go to the well several times that day. Possibly the hardest game we've ever played, probably the best a team has ever been on us. 

SB52 was difficult because BB inexplicably benched Butler at the last minute for no reason. That alone should have warmed his seat at least a little.

19 hours ago, UniversalAuthor said:

JC Jackson's effort on that last play was pathetic looked like he was jogging, f that guy.

Thank you.  I not the only one that notice as well. He a undrafted rookie and he already has the " look at me attitude." Maybe less showboat and more effort would of helped! Your on the Patriots but you are yet to be a (champion) Patriot.

2 hours ago, Elky said:

It's hard to be optimistic when Belichick keeps being unprepared for big time plays; first the Philly Special now this.

Guys we are talking about something that literally has never happened in NFL history (a walkoff play of 69+ yards) before yesterday. 

I'm not saying you can't criticize aspects of the play calling there but we're talking about the difference between 99.99% chance of winning and 99.98% chance. 

It was a crazy fluke play with some massive breakdowns and still they came within a foot of stopping it several times.  **** happens.  It doesn't mean Belichick wasn't prepared for a big spot.  

It was a combination of amazing bad luck and amazing bad execution, coupled with a questionable decision to have Gronk on the field.  Again **** happens.

Wow... I can't believe that would ever happen to this team. This is the type of thing that happens to the Radiers or Browns. Belichick really had no reason to have Gronk out there. Shameful decision by Belichick  

Seem like we need a pep talk and I think my friend's words might help. Like my friend from Minnesota said "Who are these all pro super star players the patriots use that make the play when it needs to be made? A bunch of bums."

"Malcom Bulter, a nobody DB who was undrafted intercepts it to win them a superbowl. Steerling Moore another nobody who knocked the ball out of Lee Evens hands to stop the Ravens from winning the AFC championship game. Troy Brown, who stripped a defender of the ball after it was intercepted by the chargers in a playoff game, to win. The patriots nobody's make the plays they're suppose to make. That's why they win."

What my friend is saying, is that Bill makes nobody players play to their strengths and gets the best out of them.

But seriously - one of the forum and media concerns (for what they are worth) has been Brady's play and Gronk's health. Both looked fine on Sunday (Brady with a couple of slip ups for sure). With the home defence and a healthy offense the Pats can get to the title game and pull together a performance and game plan to take down KC in KC (or LA at home). 

Archived