benjamin

3rivers

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

You are looking at a name.  What has he shown since being drafted? 

Pros: he is big. 

Cons:

• He is slow.  His 40 time is comparable to Vance McDonald ( .004 difference)
  • Has bad hands
  • runs poor routes - could have been fixed coming out of college but has not in 3 years.
  • Lazy - see above

So a Athletic TE that does not block and apparently does not care about his craft.  McDonald had better 3 cone short and shuttle than Benjamin.  So what is to gain?

KC lost Watson for the year so they can take a chance.

Yeah i suggested this move but in retrospect, he isnt a good risk.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah i suggested this move but in retrospect, he isnt a good risk.

I am at the point where I don't think risks are worth it. Between the draft and UFA, a team should be assembles with players that are professionals in every aspect, with minimal risk. The risk vs reward can be tempting at times, but I don't think it's necessary if the scouting and FO does a decent job in the offseason. 

On 12/8/2018 at 7:59 AM, jebrick said:

You are looking at a name.  What has he shown since being drafted? 

Pros: he is big. 

Cons:

• He is slow.  His 40 time is comparable to Vance McDonald ( .004 difference)
  • Has bad hands
  • runs poor routes - could have been fixed coming out of college but has not in 3 years.
  • Lazy - see above

So a Athletic TE that does not block and apparently does not care about his craft.  McDonald had better 3 cone short and shuttle than Benjamin.  So what is to gain?

KC lost Watson for the year so they can take a chance.

so you dont have an answer to back your claim

My claim that he sucks?  I think that is fairly obvious.  I have enumerated why he is like a TE that does not block. I have even given proof that he is less athletic than current Steeler Vance McDonald.

Do you have any proof as to why he is better than any current Steeler WR?

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

My claim that he sucks?  I think that is fairly obvious.  I have enumerated why he is like a TE that does not block. I have even given proof that he is less athletic than current Steeler Vance McDonald.

Do you have any proof as to why he is better than any current Steeler WR?

you said he was a cancer in the locker room, i said prove it. you couldnt. 

i showed you stats for his first couple years when he had  a decent qb, they were good.

proof, sure here it is. hes got more yards receiving  that anyone not named brown or schuster and thats with no qb. so hes better than every other wr on this team

so if benjamin sucks at wr, how do you feel about all the rest of ours?

3 hours ago, muncher said:

i showed you stats for his first couple years when he had  a decent qb, they were good.

proof, sure here it is. hes got more yards receiving  that anyone not named brown or schuster and thats with no qb. so hes better than every other wr on this team

Did you read his statements on Cam? Guys that say things like that aren’t peaches in the locker room. 

He got more yards as the number 1, other than our number 1 and number 2? Wow. I should be impressed?

I feel better about Switz and Washington (and I hate Washington). 

He’s a listed 245, most reports put him about 20 pounds over that. All his QBs have their worse ratings and completion percentages to him. He doesnt fight for 50/50 balls. Regularly gets covered by sub-5’10” DBs. 

Wait - this was serious? 

We have two 1000 yard receivers on the team. Our tight end position has combined for 900 yards. Our running back position has thrown in another 500. We are, or at least were, the leagues best redzone team. Our receivers alone have more recieving touchdowns than 11 NFL teams.  Our 3rd receiver is largely our 5th option during the play....

Why do we want an underachieving, lazy, overweight, glorified tackle, who has gotten himself jettisoned from 2 teams that desperately need wide receiver help to be our third receiver? 

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Wait - this was serious? 

We have two 1000 yard receivers on the team. Our tight end position has combined for 900 yards. Our running back position has thrown in another 500. We are, or at least were, the leagues best redzone team. Our receivers alone have more recieving touchdowns than 11 NFL teams.  Our 3rd receiver is largely our 5th option during the play....

Why do we want an underachieving, lazy, overweight, glorified tackle, who has gotten himself jettisoned from 2 teams that desperately need wide receiver help to be our third receiver? 

something something red zone something something empire something something

10 hours ago, muncher said:

So where did I say he was a cancer in the locker room?

Archived