Playoffs? What playoffs...

Scoremore

For the eternal optimists that won't give up until the fat lady sings.  That's me.  Hey at least it will give you something to follow.  Looking at it if the Pack wins out it's not actually that far fetched.  I'll be routing for Seahags against the Queens.  As it is more likely that the Queens implode.  First 4 teams have tough games and think it's likely all will lose the required amount of games.  Now whether the Pack can rattle off 4 in a row that's another matter.  

DtlI4KZXgAAqCST.jpg

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Damn.  If not for the Seahawks/Vikings contingent, it would still be really likely with a win against the Bears.

You are the most optimistic guy I've ever run across. Beat the Bears in Chicago? After what just happened with Arizona in Green Bay? Hopefully some of that optimism will rub off on me.

Think they calculated a 2% chance.  Well hey people buy lottery tickets every day.  I want to see how Aaron responds.  It's his team now.  Do we get more of the same?  Or does Philbin let him loose and he tears it up?  Who knows this is a different team than it was 2 days ago.  Can't wait to see them on the field come Sunday.  This is a first for us fans.  A coach getting fired before seasons end.  Should be interesting.  All I know is I'll be following the playoff scenarios until we are officially eliminated.   

35 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

You are the most optimistic guy I've ever run across. Beat the Bears in Chicago? After what just happened with Arizona in Green Bay? Hopefully some of that optimism will rub off on me.

I said WITH a win at Chicago.  I think we have a 27% chance of beating the Bears in Chicago.

All the criteria except either the Vikings/Seahawks look likely is what I was getting at.  

16 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Think they calculated a 2% chance.  Well hey people buy lottery tickets every day.  I want to see how Aaron responds.  It's his team now.  Do we get more of the same?  Or does Philbin let him loose and he tears it up?  Who knows this is a different team than it was 2 days ago.  Can't wait to see them on the field come Sunday.  This is a first for us fans.  A coach getting fired before seasons end.  Should be interesting.  All I know is I'll be following the playoff scenarios until we are officially eliminated.   

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks Rodgers missed some of those easy throws, like the one at Seattle, to get McCarthy fired.  

I just don't like Rodgers as a person though, so I'm probably wrong.

Used to listen to Tuesdays with Aaron every week.  He's a smart guy and pretty funny cat.  I liked him just fine until this season.  He ticked me off to no end on Sunday.   He's in my doghouse until he proves himself again.  Yes some of those throws make a guy wonder.  Is he tanking?  Maybe his mechanics just got really screwed up.  The guy came off of a collarbone.  Then proceeds to trash his knee.  It might be just that simple.  

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Used to listen to Tuesdays with Aaron every week.  He's a smart guy and pretty funny cat.  I liked him just fine until this season.  He ticked me off to no end on Sunday.   He's in my doghouse until he proves himself again.  Yes some of those throws make a guy wonder.  Is he tanking?  Maybe his mechanics just got really screwed up.  The guy came off of a collarbone.  Then proceeds to trash his knee.  It might be just that simple.  

Rodgers is trying to prove his point. He was coasting few times to prove his point.

GB needs to be well prepared in all 3 phases to win a SB and they need to hold the ground atleast once in playoffs where a QB will have an average play.

Basically Mccarthy can’t coach all 3 phases of football and winning a SB requires it mostly.

I still think its coasting and Everyone should be fuxcking worried if he continues to play like this next year also..

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I think his mechanics got screwed up, especially after he hurt his knee.  It didn't help that he couldn't practice with his new targets much for all those weeks after the Bears game either.  His receivers dropped some catchable balls too last Sunday so there is plenty of blame to go around.   I also suspect because McCarthy couldn't/wouldn't fix Rodgers' mechanics is one of the reasons why he is no longer our HC.  I don't think the QB position coach should be off the hook here either.  I read a quote from Rodgers online a day or so ago where AR said he wanted to be coached. ( I just tried to find it right now but to no avail.)  If Rodgers was speaking like this I find it damning to both MM and the QB coach.  Let's hope our next HC can address Rodgers' issues along with a good QB coach.  If we can get AR back to being elite football will be fun again for everyone.

Archived