Packers fire Winston Moss

Brad gluckman

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Thought that after his presser earlier in the season.  Couldn't believe what an as$ he was.  Howler you are a freak.  Part of me wants to hear it part of me wants them to keep it in house.

It will come out in dribs and drabs, mostly after the season. 

Has anyone with some knowledge or connections on the inside heard what the mood and overall atmosphere is like with the players?  I’m wondering if players are feeling relieved, dejected, optimistic, etc with all of this going on? Anybody heard anything?

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Has anyone with some knowledge or connections on the inside heard what the mood and overall atmosphere is like with the players?  I’m wondering if players are feeling relieved, dejected, optimistic, etc with all of this going on? Anybody heard anything?

4-7-1 I'm thinking dejected, but have no inside knowledge. Time to find out who the real competitors are on the team. 

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Man you would have to think dejected.  Whatever they are feeling we aren't going to hear about it.  

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Things are getting really weird in GB.  We haven't even started a coaching search and already two former NFL coaches have said their don't want the job .. my #1 choice, Bruce Arians, and goofy Tony Dungy.  I hope we nail our head coaching selection .  Otherwise my might be slipping back into the obscurity of the 70s and 80s.  I'm getting the odd feeling nobody wants to be in GB. 

There are better choices out there. Don't fret. Once the season is over, all the new HC will have to deal with is Murphy and Gute, and they'll be on his side. The new HC will then be able to build his own coaching staff and culture. 

Just now, Golfman said:

4-7-1 I'm thinking dejected, but have no inside knowledge. Time to find out who the real competitors are on the team. 

Probably, but hearing the optimism coming from Philbin (from what I’ve read in a few clips) he’s doing his best to get everyone pumped up.  Just wondering if the players are responding to that?  I’ll guess we’ll get some of these answers this weekend.

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Man you would have to think dejected.  Whatever they are feeling we aren't going to hear about it.  

I’ve been told in this forum (just yesterday) that teams usually come out strong the game following a coach getting canned.  Is that performance fueled by dejection or hope then?  There’s enough local reporters around the team during the week that we as fans could get an assessment of what the mood is like in the locker room.

Considering the loss to Arizona, I’d expect them to be feeling dejected also, but this is far from a normal week.

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Things are getting really weird in GB.  We haven't even started a coaching search and already two former NFL coaches have said they don't want the job .. my #1 choice, Bruce Arians, and goofy Tony Dungy.  I hope we nail our head coaching selection .  Otherwise my might be slipping back into the obscurity of the 70s and 80s.  I'm getting the odd feeling nobody wants to be in GB. 

Arians is just sticking to what he has already said, has nothing to do with GB.

Dungy? Who cares?

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Things are getting really weird in GB.  We haven't even started a coaching search and already two former NFL coaches have said they don't want the job .. my #1 choice, Bruce Arians, and goofy Tony Dungy.  I hope we nail our head coaching selection .  Otherwise my might be slipping back into the obscurity of the 70s and 80s.  I'm getting the odd feeling nobody wants to be in GB. 

Who cares if Tony Dungy doesn't want to be the head coach lol

10 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

My third hand sources (guy who helps run some of the camps with former Packers, not a great source obviously) basically said it's just pissed off that they have to go through the motions for 4 more weeks with the season obviously over.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

My third hand sources (guy who helps run some of the camps with former Packers, not a great source obviously) basically said it's just pissed off that they have to go through the motions for 4 more weeks with the season obviously over.

Yeah, that’s understandable. Probably why Philbin’s been trying to get the energy and enthusiasm up.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Well that's a piss poor attitude.  What about the fans?  So we have to watch a crapshow?  They better come out and play hard or I am going to be extremely ticked.  These guys better step it up or they will also be on the street.

5 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Well that's a piss poor attitude.  What about the fans?  So we have to watch a crapshow?  They better come out and play hard or I am going to be extremely ticked.  These guys better step it up or they will also be on the street.

Nobody cares about the fans. Anywhere in the league. It's a business.

14 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Who cares if Tony Dungy doesn't want to be the head coach lol

No doubt .. nobody was clamoring for that goofball to begin with.  It's just that he kind of went out of his way on twitter to say he wasn't interested in the Packers job.  He was critical of them letting McCarthy go early, and I've sensed for a long time that he isn't a fan of the Packers.  

Archived