Week 14 GDT: Saints (10-2) @ Tampa Bay Bucs: ARRRRR

Canadian Saint

My god this thread was whiny. This is why they play 4 quarters, yeah they started off atrocious and sloppy but that happens. We fluttered last week and it took some time to get our feet back underneath us. Now hopefully they have it going again. 

And time to wait for the Rams to lose to the Bears tonight. :) 

11 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

My god this thread was whiny.

Is it should be when your team is underperforming for no (apparent) reason. It’s been our kryptonite under Payton. Sometimes we just don’t show up.

30 minutes ago, Dome said:

Is it should be when your team is underperforming for no (apparent) reason. It’s been our kryptonite under Payton. Sometimes we just don’t show up.

Yeah people had a right to be disappointed, I almost turned the game off at the half, but I feel like there's a middle ground between just being disappointed and making 2 pages worth of posts talking about how pathetic it is, how we're in week 1 form again, "I just can't believe what I'm watching", etc. 

And I 100% agree that's been our Payton kryptonite, though I feel like that's a kryptonite for most of the NFL, even Belichick. Hard to show up week in and week out in the NFL. Sometimes you have stinkers (last week), sometimes you just have a stinker half like today. 

Offense had their struggles but man shout out to this D. After the Bucs' opening drive, it looked like a 30 burger against us, but holding them to 14, including shutting them out in the second half is great. Those guys and Taysom Hill really bailed us out.

I'm excited to have Armstead back soon though. His presence (or lack thereof) is definitely being felt these past 2 weeks.

Can't be too unhappy about winning. Offense will pick it up. We're all Bears fans tonight I reckon.

6 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Offense had their struggles but man shout out to this D. After the Bucs' opening drive, it looked like a 30 burger against us, but holding them to 14, including shutting them out in the second half is great. Those guys and Taysom Hill really bailed us out.

I'm excited to have Armstead back soon though. His presence (or lack thereof) is definitely being felt these past 2 weeks.

Can't be too unhappy about winning. Offense will pick it up. We're all Bears fans tonight I reckon.

Seems like our defense almost always needs a drive or two to adjust before they get into a rhythm 

9 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Yeah people had a right to be disappointed, I almost turned the game off at the half, but I feel like there's a middle ground between just being disappointed and making 2 pages worth of posts talking about how pathetic it is, how we're in week 1 form again, "I just can't believe what I'm watching", etc. 

And I 100% agree that's been our Payton kryptonite, though I feel like that's a kryptonite for most of the NFL, even Belichick. Hard to show up week in and week out in the NFL. Sometimes you have stinkers (last week), sometimes you just have a stinker half like today. 

Why didn't you just say "Mid was being whiny"?

Here's the deal. When you know what this team is capable of, and they do the EXACT opposite, I'm going to complain. And apparently it worked :)

I'll continue to say, I couldn't believe what I was watching, and we absolutely looked like we did at the beginning of the season. Fortunately, they worked through it.

As far as "this is why they play 4 quarters, I agree. And this team hasn't played as poorly all year as they did for the 6 quarters leading up to today's halftime. Statistically and visually, that is a fact!

Happy for today's win.

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Here's the deal. When you know what this team is capable of, and they do the EXACT opposite, I'm going to complain.

Totally agree man.

that the whole thing with fandom. If your team is playing bad, you *****. That’s like a rule I think lol

3 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Here's the deal. When you know what this team is capable of, and they do the EXACT opposite, I'm going to complain. And apparently it worked :)

I'll continue to say, I couldn't believe what I was watching, and we absolutely looked like we did at the beginning of the season. Fortunately, they worked through it.

As far as "this is why they play 4 quarters, I agree. And this team hasn't played as poorly all year as they did for the 6 quarters leading up to today's halftime. Statistically and visually, that is a fact!

Happy for today's win.

Hahaha I didn't even notice that the posts I chose were all yours. It was the entire page though, not just you, you're just the most active in game threads. ;) 

Fair point, fair point. You're certainly allowed to feel that way, I'm not gonna tell anyone what type of fan they should be lol. I just don't really get it, essentially. I just didn't understand why someone could give up because of a half and talk about how bad the team was. Yeah it was a really bad half, but it was that, a half. If we looked sloppy for the whole game and lost back to back games then I probably would've joined you in the complaining. xD

1 hour ago, Dome said:

Totally agree man.

that the whole thing with fandom. If your team is playing bad, you *****. That’s like a rule I think lol

Nah man, I'm more of a "get depressed and drink away the pain" kinda fan lol. 

Good win.

I'm sure I was like most of you thinking we were in deep doo-doo after the first half. But once I realized the defense was holding the Bucs down, I thought it was just a matter of time. Amazing how Taysom always seems to come up huge when you need a big play. It was like the offensive line immediately snapped right out of their hangover. Taysom Hill is like the quarter pounder with cheese you have for breakfast the morning after you were out drinking all night.

But man, this defense. Wooowee they are something. I'd put our pass rush up against anybody in the league right now, they are dominating. Consistently able to get 4-5 sacks a game is paying off and making other teams do stupid stuff and turn the ball over.

8 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

is like the quarter pounder with cheese you have for breakfast the morning after you were out drinking all night.

Seriously? I thought that was just a Mid-west thing. If I tie one on, a QP w/ Cheese is the only thing that will bounce me back. Kinda makes me want to drink more. Yum!

Archived