Week 14 GDT: Saints (10-2) @ Tampa Bay Bucs: ARRRRR

Canadian Saint

12 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Hahaha I didn't even notice that the posts I chose were all yours. It was the entire page though, not just you, you're just the most active in game threads. ;) 

Fair point, fair point. You're certainly allowed to feel that way, I'm not gonna tell anyone what type of fan they should be lol. I just don't really get it, essentially. I just didn't understand why someone could give up because of a half and talk about how bad the team was. Yeah it was a really bad half, but it was that, a half. If we looked sloppy for the whole game and lost back to back games then I probably would've joined you in the complaining. xD

Nah man, I'm more of a "get depressed and drink away the pain" kinda fan lol. 

I hear ya, I get tired of whiners, too. I just couldn't help it. My only defense, and minor correction is, it wasn't just 1 half of football, it was 1 half of ball with 10 days of prep coming off of 2 lousy halves of ball in Dallas, so 3 halves. That's truly what I was pissed about. 

I never lose faith in this squad unless they come out of halftime flat, then we just know. But yesterday, they didn't! Woohoo!!

And Go Bears! (mouth barf)

55 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Seriously? I thought that was just a Mid-west thing. If I tie one on, a QP w/ Cheese is the only thing that will bounce me back. Kinda makes me want to drink more. Yum!

I do live in the Midwest, but I'm from south Louisiana originally. Moved to Kentucky the day I turned 30.

The quarter pounder thing started because the McD's on Canal Street was close to the hotel we always stayed out when my group of friends would go spend the weekend in Nola. Tie one on Saturday, go to the Saints game Sunday morning. It became tradition. We could get to the McD's right when they started serving lunch and eat our food while walking down to the Dome.

18 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

My god this thread was whiny. This is why they play 4 quarters, yeah they started off atrocious and sloppy but that happens. We fluttered last week and it took some time to get our feet back underneath us. Now hopefully they have it going again. 

And time to wait for the Rams to lose to the Bears tonight. :) 

LOL, this is why I don't post during games. I'll probably just be too emotional and say dumb things that don't age well.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Seriously? I thought that was just a Mid-west thing. If I tie one on, a QP w/ Cheese is the only thing that will bounce me back. Kinda makes me want to drink more. Yum!

Dude, if the question is "cure for hangover?" 

The answer is always; McDonalds.

Glad the Saints offense located their huevos in the 2nd half. Thank you Mr. Sparkplug, aka Taysom Hill.

7 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

LOL, this is why I don't post during games. I'll probably just be too emotional and say dumb things that don't age well.

Even if you don't post until after the game sometimes your takes can age badly lol, everyone on this forum (including me) was on the Fire Payton train and thought our defense was back to the same old ways after the first couple of weeks. Then we just turned it on and won 10 straight and our defense started looking better. I guess it's a good thing we're not in charge of firing people, huh? 

Though I would appreciate it very much if Payton could get us off to better starts in the beginning of the season, instead of opening every year with at least one loss and making us think we're bad again. :(

Archived