Favorite NES/SNES Games

The Gnat

16 hours ago, Bobikus said:

River City Ransom is still my all-time favorite game.

Only game I could say I like more is Turtles in Time.

I still haven’t played RCR Underground, but I’m going to as soon as I fix the controller input issue I’m having with it. Super excited for it.

On 12/21/2018 at 12:47 PM, bucsfan333 said:

No. I played it on console. I imagine it's harder with the handlebars. 😂

It was but it was cool. That's the cool thing about old arcade games, so many if them were unique like that. I miss those days. D&B is cool but it's not the same feeling as being in an old arcade.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 8:49 PM, Calvert28 said:

NES

1. Dragon Warrior 4

2. Dragon Warrior 1

3. Final Fantasy

4. River City Ransom

5. Metroid

6. Castlevania 3

7. Zelda

8. Mega Man 2

9. Super Mario Bros 3

10. TMNT 2

SNES

1. Final Fantasy 2

2. Final Fantasy 3

3. Chrono Trigger

4.Secret of Mana

5.Super Metroid

6.Zelda: Link to the Past

7.Super Mario World

8. Ogre Battle

9. Lufia

10.Harvest Moon

i really liked Dragon Warrior III for the NES.

but its definitely "the easy one"

On 12/22/2018 at 1:32 PM, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

It was but it was cool. That's the cool thing about old arcade games, so many if them were unique like that. I miss those days. D&B is cool but it's not the same feeling as being in an old arcade.

I swear they dont even exist anymore. I miss 30 people gathered around MK Trilogy all pissing away coins to prove who was the best...

On 12/8/2018 at 6:47 PM, showtime said:

I want to say it was like Mortal Kombat 3.  That game was made in the early 90's, but I remember someone I knew had the console and game in the early 2000's and a group of us used to play it all the time.  It was so fun.  Those are still the best Mortal Kombat games ever made, IMO.

MK3, Ultimate MK3, and MK Trilogy was the golden run that franchise. I still play them over the new MKs

1 hour ago, riceman80 said:

MK3, Ultimate MK3, and MK Trilogy was the golden run that franchise. I still play them over the new MKs

I agree.  There's just something about the new MK games that I don't like very much.  I think one of my biggest beefs with MK X is that it doesn't have certain characters.  It doesn't have Kabal, Baraka and other classic characters, but it has stupid stuff like Jason and Freddy Krueger.  I'm really hoping that MK 11 has all the classic characters.

22 hours ago, Malfatron said:

once, i traded Chrono Trigger straight up for the Sega CD and one game.

Ive never been so swindled.

I once traded someone for Final Fantasy 7. At the time of beating it, I thought the game was so incredible I put it in a box with my collectibles. It is now 22 years later and its still sitting in my bedroom closet in a box of collectibles. 

I told this story to some people when we were talking about games, a dude said they sell for hundreds on ebay, but Ive never looked.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived