Revisiting the Khalil Mack Trade

MacReady

Funny how most risk profiles on injuries list as a top predictor ....having a previous (similar injury)

Hamstring atrain, ankle sprain, ACL tear, concussions, etc.

Regression to the mean should have GB at some point having less injuries, but keeping those previously injured players on the roster flies directly against the predictive risk profiles of many injuries.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, Outpost31 said:

NOT trading for Mack turned into the best option for us.  I think that's clear.

I agree. Not having 2 first rounders and a good amount of cap space would be pretty disappointing right now. While draft picks are far from a sure thing, there's too many holes to fill ( TWSS)

30 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I agree. Not having 2 first rounders and a good amount of cap space would be pretty disappointing right now. While draft picks are far from a sure thing, there's too many holes to fill ( TWSS)

I wonder how many less holes we'd have to fill. I guy like that covers up a lot of warts. Like Rodgers did for all those years when he was elite. Suddenly, he's off and we need people everywhere. 

Not disagreeing with you but there is that side of the coin as well. 

On 1/10/2019 at 4:26 PM, squire12 said:

Funny how most risk profiles on injuries list as a top predictor ....having a previous (similar injury)

Hamstring atrain, ankle sprain, ACL tear, concussions, etc.

Regression to the mean should have GB at some point having less injuries, but keeping those previously injured players on the roster flies directly against the predictive risk profiles of many injuries.

While I don't disagree, I saw a piece a few years back by I believe it was SI. they picked a random play in a Packers Rams game. They looked at the medical records for all 22 players on the field. Don Barclay who I think was like 25 at the time, was the only player that hadn't had major orthopaedic surgeory. 

• 1 month later...

Khalil Mack

--OR--

Za'Darious Smith, Preston Smith, Adrian Amos, Billy Turner, 12th overall, 30th overall. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3495399

I forgot.  The Bears got Buster Skrine and Mike Adams (37 years old). 

Bears on the upswing though.  They're gonna knock the draft out of the parkey. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Khalil Mack

--OR--

Za'Darious Smith, Preston Smith, Adrian Amos, Billy Turner, 12th overall, 30th overall. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3495399

How are you figuring that out?  Pure dollars?  I can't wait to see Mack's stats and cap number compared to the Smith's.

But as far as comparing them....I think you gotta look at what we get from our two first round picks, or whatever they turn out to be.  Those were the picks rumored to be in play.

So...you can enhance this and put the Smith's in there for money/production as well as the picks!

You know I was a fan of adding Mack.  But I can't wait to see how this turns out for GB.

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Khalil Mack

--OR--

tenor.gif?itemid=3495399

Mack isn't making roughly 53 million a year.  Plus they just converted his 2019 cap hit to 11.9.  You could have done same.   You would have room to sign like 3 of those guys plus have Mack.  

Mack plus Fackrell or Smith coming off edge changes everything for everyone.  Smith and Smith isn't nearly the same.  

Presence of Mack makes Amos "spatula hands" finally catch some INTs.  It made Fuller and Prince way better.  

You exchanged Matthews, Perry and Haha for Smiths and Amos and paid more.  Is that even much of an upgrade?  Not significantly.  

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Mack isn't making roughly 53 million a year.  Plus they just converted his 2019 cap hit to 11.9.  You could have done same.   You would have room to sign like 3 of those guys plus have Mack.  

Mack plus Fackrell or Smith coming off edge changes everything for everyone.  Smith and Smith isn't nearly the same.  

Presence of Mack makes Amos "spatula hands" finally catch some INTs.  It made Fuller and Prince way better.  

You exchanged Matthews, Perry and Haha for Smiths and Amos and paid more.  Is that even much of an upgrade?  Not significantly.  

Matthews and Perry were garbage this season and Haha played in GB for about half a season. That's not including the pick we get for him. I'd say it's at worst a moderate upgrade.

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Khalil Mack

--OR--

tenor.gif?itemid=3495399

Who is Mike Adams and why is he 37 years old

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Kick the can down the road on him ... fine.  However, don't forget about not having 2 1st round picks and having starters leaving cuz they couldn't be paid.  Packers did it ok by me.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

2018 Za'Darius Smith out produced the combination of  2018 Matthews and 2018 Perry by himself. This is a very significant upgrade.

8 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

2018 Za'Darius Smith out produced the combination of  2018 Matthews and 2018 Perry by himself. This is a very significant upgrade.

That significant of an upgrade that the Ravens were that willing to let him walk so easily?

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Mack isn't making roughly 53 million a year(huh?).  Plus they just converted his 2019 cap hit to 11.9.  You could have done same.   You would have room to sign like 3 of those guys plus have Mack.  (you didn't, even with a QB on a rookie deal)

You exchanged Matthews, Perry and Haha for Smiths and Amos and paid more.  Is that even much of an upgrade?  Not significantly.  (You, sir, know very little about how little we got out of those guys you listed from last year.)

Your troll game is spectacular!