Revisiting the Khalil Mack Trade

MacReady

15 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

To be fair, the premise upon which that statement is based is only applicable if you have unrealistic expectations of late-1st-round picks.

That is the biggest cop out that has evolved over the years. The bar needs to be set higher than that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

This myth needs to be put to rest. GB doesn't whiff in the 2nd any more than other teams. Fans just do not have realistic expectations for 2nd round picks.

You could post a list of all second round picks and the people complaining about Josh Jones and Kevin King and Josh Jackson would pull the whole Simpson backing into a bush meme for an hour before coming right back out to complain again a little while later. 

This is my biggest pet peeve on this site.  Lack of perspective. 

Cut Bulaga - No perspective on right tackles in the league and their cost/availability.
Cut Graham - No perspective on tight ends (they see Kelce, Ertz and Gronkowski as the only three tight ends in the league).
Jackson/Jones/King is a bust - Take a look at New England's second round picks over the past 10 years. 

I could go on and on and on with examples of a complete lack of perspective. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Nope.  I'm wrong.  Give me that second round pick!  :)  I'll even go easy on yah and take a third instead.

In all seriousness, that is where I'm at with Mitch, too.  I haven't watched him enough to really know what his game can be.  I've seen him be great and I've seen him look amazingly lost.

I'll do our third this year.  That gives us room to move on from Floyd if/when is cost prohibitive.  He has to play like I saw when he played Seattle though.

...wait never mind he is a FA next year.  Deal is off.  Thought he was newer and had more years left.  Maybe we will just sign him next year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I'll do our third this year.  That gives us room to move on from Floyd if/when is cost prohibitive.  He has to play like I saw when he played Seattle though.

...wait never mind he is a FA next year.  Deal is off.  Thought he was newer and had more years left.  Maybe we will just sign him next year.

Done.  Now...don't check how old he is....  On your end, all you have to do is make sure he plays Seattle for 16 games!

On 3/13/2019 at 2:57 PM, vegas492 said:

-Congrats on the great season last year.  With the losses you've taken on the roster, do you see 13 wins again?  Or a harder fought 10-11 wins?  I see the later, I think you do, too.  Last year you had a new offense, now there's tape out on you.  Is your QB good enough to overcome that?  Because that is where I'm at with the Bears.  Your progression relies on the QB.  I didn't see much of Mitch, but it looked to me like if his first option wasn't there, he didn't know where to go with the ball.  He likes to run.  So did Rodgers and it does take it's toll.

I tell you what.  

How about a friendly wager?

Team with best finish by record/farthest into playoffs is winner.  

Winner gets to pick avatar for other for 2 weeks at conclusion of one or others season (whichever ends first) and has make at least 5 posts with it intact in their own forum.  No hiding for 2 weeks.  Nothing obscene or homosexual and no politicians or religious figures.

Can be a Packers or Bears logo, homemade meme or just something silly and insulting in a funny way.  You can't crop it weird either so people don't get it.  

Too bad there aren't signatures anymore, because that would work better.  

Edited by dll2000

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I tell you what.  

Winner gets to pick avatar for other for 2 weeks at conclusion of one or others season (whichever ends first) and has make at least 5 posts with it intact in their own forum.  No hiding for 2 weeks.  Nothing obscene or homosexual and no politicians or religious figures.

Can be a Packers or Bears logo, homemade meme or just something silly and insulting in a funny way.  You can't crop it weird either so people don't get it.  

There are signatures, they're just turned off by default......

Top right , dll2000 > Account Settings > Signatures > View Signatures, click the button

Edited by JBURGE

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

There are signatures, they're just turned off by default......

Top right , dll2000 > Account Settings > Signatures > View Signatures, click the button

@vegas492

Ah.  Well if everyone has it turned off nobody is going to see it and there is no fun in that.

Probably best to go with avatar.  But I am open to doing it either way.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

What happens after the draft?

Bet is who best finishes 2019-20?  We won't know until December/January.

The Packers likely add 3 top 50 picks and the Bears first pick is in the 3rd round? Could have a significant effect on what the team looks like

38 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The Packers likely add 3 top 50 picks and the Bears first pick is in the 3rd round? Could have a significant effect on what the team looks like

I expect Packers to add some rookie talent.

Not like its a guaranteed win for me.  It's a bet.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I tell you what.  

You know I dig you.  And in that wager?  I think I'm the underdog.  And I relish that!  Let's roll with that and have some fun.

• Like 1