Outpost31

Revisiting the Khalil Mack Trade

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

You're right.

Gone are the days expecting to roll a six 16.67% of the time. We must demand at least 25%! 

Seriously ? I guess I thought there was a reason we had scouts and talent evaluators instead of throwing all the names in a hat and going the random route you're suggesting

18 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Seriously ? I guess I thought there was a reason we had scouts and talent evaluators instead of throwing all the names in a hat and going the random route you're suggesting

Yes seriously. The NFL is worth more than most countries. It would rank like 65th or something in the GDP list.

That means that this nearly $100 billion entity attracts talent. Talent that is spread pretty equally across 32 teams. The edges are thin. Thinking that "your team" is immune to the law of averages and the designed-in parity, is nonsensical. It's fanaticism. It's irrational.

This notion you put forward that it's some kinda "myth" that picking late in each round should have an impact is completely misguided and at odds with reality.

It would be nice if GB had the best of everything and was immune to reality. Unfortunately they're not.

On March 15, 2019 at 1:37 PM, vegas492 said:

You know I dig you.  And in that wager?  I think I'm the underdog.  And I relish that!  Let's roll with that and have some fun.

I should have known with a name like Vegas you would be in.  I didnt even think about that until now. LOL. 

I'd say good luck, but I hope I win. 

On 3/16/2019 at 1:46 PM, dll2000 said:

I should have known with a name like Vegas you would be in.  I didnt even think about that until now. LOL. 

I'd say good luck, but I hope I win. 

That's the difference, you hope to win.  I know I'll win!  :D

All kidding aside, no worries on the bet.  It'll be fun.  I still have money I took from a Bears fan over a bet a few years ago.  You may remember the game.  It was the NFC championship game in Chicago.

I'm excited to watch @Outpost31 track Z Smith (and/or P Smith) vs Mack throughout 2019.

I suspect the production might not be that far off :)

Just now, incognito_man said:

I'm excited to watch @Outpost31 track Z Smith (and/or P Smith) vs Mack throughout 2019.

I suspect the production might not be that far off :)

I'm not even tracking that, I'm comparing the career outlook of 12th and 30th (or whatever those picks combine into) to 5 years of Mack. 

I know I have the right to use the cap space in my comparisons, but the biggest issue against the Mack trade was that draft capital.  In spite of my crestfallen proclamations of quitting football every time the Patriots win, I can't quit football.  Therefore, the mack thing, to me, was 4-5 years of Mack versus 20 years out of two first round picks. 

Posted (edited)

Thought I'd post this for @Outpost31 because I felt his ego could use a little boost...

Edited by packfanfb

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Don't you talk about my ego.  

Ego is a quaint conceptual framework for describing that which actually comes from an enlarged medulla oblongata.

31 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

Ego is a quaint conceptual framework for describing that which actually comes from an enlarged medulla oblongata.

Momma is wrrrrong again

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Thought I'd post this for @Outpost31 because I felt his ego could use a little boost...

It's really not that hard of a concept to get behind either IMO.

It seems so obvious.