Revisiting the Khalil Mack Trade

MacReady

• 1 month later...
On 08/11/2019 at 2:54 PM, ThatJerkDave said:
  On 08/11/2019 at 8:41 AM, BayRaider said:

- 1st Round Rookie Clelin Ferrell had two very clutch timed sacks, five pressures, and two ball swats

My two favourite targets in the 2019 draft, Jeffery Simmons and Clelin Ferrell.

Even though i liked Ferrell a lot, I was surprised he went as early as #4 overall. Preferred him to Burns and Sweat, though they were both well liked on this board.

58 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

My two favourite targets in the 2019 draft, Jeffery Simmons and Clelin Ferrell.

Even though i liked Ferrell a lot, I was surprised he went as early as #4 overall. Preferred him to Burns and Sweat, though they were both well liked on this board.

I was a Burns guy all the way.  Probably Sweat second, but I also really liked Josh Allen, but didn't think he would make it to 12, and he didn't.

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Anybody venture over to the Bears forum to see what they are saying about the game? Doubt they would ever second guess the Mack trade but he was mostly invisible today. 

You would guess wrong. That's literally the most recent page of the Game Thread. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

What did this guy say about Mack deal because it shows nothing. 

22 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

No, you got that right, brother. NOT GREAT. I'm all for tweaking things to see if he regains form next season. But his wallet is clearly weighing him down. He should have been benched weeks ago. If this nonsense continues into next season, he should be traded or cut. The Mack trade is shaping up to be one of the worst in NFL history. 

Agree on both ends. I think it's going to take some public outrage by coaches to get something done. We'll see who has the gumption to do it. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

Lol.  Dafreak is saying they win by 6 if not for the Patterson penalty.  That man talked a LOT of **** leading up to this season and just can't hack that he was wrong.  I would love to troll the hell out of him right now and I hope he somehow sees this.  Because his team sucks, they're gonna continue to suck, he was wrong about Mack, we're 11-3 with a first round draft pick and 21 million, 28 million, 34 million under the cap limit after we cut Graham and Taylor. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Dafreak is saying they win by 6 if not for the Patterson penalty.  That man talked a LOT of **** leading up to this season and just can't hack that he was wrong.  I would love to troll the hell out of him right now and I hope he somehow sees this.  Because his team sucks, they're gonna continue to suck, he was wrong about Mack, we're 11-3 with a first round draft pick and 21 million, 28 million, 34 million under the cap limit after we cut Graham and Taylor. 

I think they think they've seen enough from Trubisky to roll with him next year. They might even opt in on the 5th year option on him too. 

Seriously wonder if they keep Hicks around. He's a beast but wrong side of 30! 

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I think they think they've seen enough from Trubisky to roll with him next year. They might even opt in on the 5th year option on him too. 

Seriously wonder if they keep Hicks around. He's a beast but wrong side of 30! 

They kind of have to roll with Mitch in 2020. They are capped out and are light on draft capital (2 2s... no 1,3,4). Unless they can convince Philip Rivers to come to Chi, the options are kind of rough...trade a  future 1 again, Teddy Bridgewater, or take a flyer on Winston or Mariota.

Just now, pacman5252 said:

They kind of have to roll with Mitch in 2020. They are capped out and are light on draft capital (2 2s... no 1,3,4). Unless they can convince Philip Rivers to come to Chi, the options are kind of rough...trade a  future 1 again, Teddy Bridgewater, or take a flyer on Winston or Mariota.

How about Tannehill? Not sure Tennessee gives him a franchise tag. 

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hasn't this trade been figured out yet? I mean...its not like the facts surrounding it have changed a whole helluva lot. Doesnt it seem kinda set in stone by now?

No, because I was told by everyone I was stupid for saying it was a bad trade just like I was told it was stupid for the Vikings to trade for that one white Chiefs defensive end that I think was named Jared Allen that everyone said was elite and I’m already forgetting his name.  I’m going to keep reminding people because NFL fans are just too stupid to get the concept that there are two things every team needs to build a Super Bowl roster:

1. Cap health.

2. Draft capital.

Trading away both for one player has never worked and will never work if you want to win Super Bowls.  

• Like 2