NFL Nearing 5-year extension for Roger Goodell until 2024

Broncofan

The guy has made them money. Even though I think the NFL is a cash cow that would keep the money rolling in regardless of who was commissioner, my understanding is that NFL owners have made more money with him than ever before. Regardless of how much of that he is responsible for, he was the lucky guy that was commissioner at the time it happened.

Given how unhappy Kraft and Goodell (and maybe Spanos) have been with their treatment by the league, it shows how united the rest of the ownership must be about the bottom line.   While his tenure has had a lot of missteps it's always made tons of $ for the owners often at the expense of the NFLPA.   It's no coincidence IMO the extension covers until 2024 - sends the NFLPA a message all roads go through Goodell as the owners' man even through the next CBA negotiations.  While no doubt there will be other negotiators for the CBA, with issues like removing weed as a drug policy, the personal conduct policy decision making process, ThuNF, etc. - Goodell is the face the NFLPA deals with PR wise and pre-negotiations.   

31 minutes ago, incognito_man said:
3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

In 9 years the NFL might be flag football

Wonder how many more years until fans realize there is a rules committee.

Pretty sure I heard this same lament 10 years ago, and every year since.

Archived