Are you worried about missing the playoffs?

TXsteeler

Are you worried about missing the playoffs?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you worried about missing the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

Current AFC seedings with schedule and my predictions:

1. Chiefs (10-2) Ravens, Chargers, @seahawks, Raiders. End up 14-2
2. Patriots (9-3) @Dolphins, @Steelers, Bills, Jets. End up 13-3
3. Texans (9-3) Colts, @Jets, @Eagles, Jaguars. End up 12-4
4. Steelers (7-4-1) @Raiders, Patriots, @Saints, Bengals. End up 9-6-1
5. Chargers (9-3) Bengals, @Chiefs, Ravens, @Broncos. End up 10-6
6. Ravens (7-5) @Chiefs, Buccaneers, @Chargers, Browns. End up 10-6

Teams in the hunt include

Broncos (6-6) @49ers, Browns, @Raiders, Chargers. End up 10-6
Dolphins (6-6) Patriots, @Vikings, Jaguars, @Bills. End up 7-9
Colts (6-6) @Texans, @Cowboys, Giants, @Titans. End up 9-7
Titans (6-6) Jaguars, @Giants, Redskins, Colts. End up 9-7
Bengals (5-7) @Chargers, Raiders, @Browns, @Steelers. End up 7-9

The final 6 seeds end up (with the rest of the schedule filled out for tiebreakers)

1. Chiefs (14-2)
2. Patriots (13-3)
3. Texans (12-4)
4.  Ravens (10-6)
5. Broncos (10-6)
6. Chargers (10-6)

I do not see the Steelers doing better than 2-2 down the stretch, and I can definitely see them losing to the Bengals or Raiders as well the way they've been playing. I do not think they can hold off the Ravens and think they end up competing for a wild card spot. There are several teams that could potentially leap past us and knock the Steelers out of the playoffs entirely, including the Chargers, Broncos, Dolphins, Titans, and Colts. All they need is 2 of those teams to do well down the stretch and it's over.

What do you think the risk is of something like this actually happening? Either way, the game against the Raiders is a must win imo as they can not assume they will win any of the last 3 games.

Just now, wwhickok said:

We could lose the rest of our games

I don't think we will lose all 4, but we certainly can lose any of them.

This team would probably lose to the Raiders in similar fashion to the Broncos/Chargers before blowing out the patriots and then losing to the Saints in a close one and the Bengals in a bad one just to miss the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I don't think we will lose all 4, but we certainly can lose any of them.

This team would probably lose to the Raiders in similar fashion to the Broncos/Chargers before blowing out the patriots and then losing to the Saints in a close one and the Bengals in a bad one just to miss the playoffs.

As much as I want to believe we will win the next 4 games, i dont think i have a ton of faith against NO or NE

I don't know what to expect with this team anymore. Once again, the team is inconsistent and what was a strength is lacking and what was a weakness is better.  Then we play down to competition and games against the pats and saints, I see why a thread like this is here now.

I think we only win vs the bungles if Connor is out and or not really healthy or given the attempts when he is in. That would be losing 5 out of the last 6.

This is where the passing dynamo the media talks about needs to bail out this team, and I doubt they do. We might get 2 wins, but I can't see us winning vs the pats and saints. Brees in the dome with his OL will have a record day vs this secondary.

If Raiders put 40+ on us, maybe butler will be on the hotseat if there is one  for this team.

Btw TX, I agree with your predictions for the final seeds and the #6 seed could shock the world as they say. 

5 hours ago, Lambert44 said:

Doesn't matter, if we make the playoffs it will be another quick exit.

unless something drastic happens, I see another 1 and done. Unless Connor is healthy and they actually run him as much as they should, our secondary will once again be lit up by whoever we face. 

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

The reason we run the ball so much and our RBs end up hurt is because we have to either play ball control or score a crap ton cuz our D cant stay off the field. 

???

Our D not staying off the field would indicate that our O isnt controlling the ball long enough.

I get what you mean...but as bad as our D has been, the failures of our offense have put our defense in some bad situations as well.   Our D was doing a pretty good job vs the Chargers up until the officiating just seemed to destroy their confidence.

The last 2 weeks have destroyed this teams confidence IMO.    If they can manage to pick up a win vs the Saints or Pats, on top of winning the other two games, I think they could regain some.   If not, I see a first round playoff exit or even missing the playoffs altogether.

7 hours ago, 3rivers said:

might as well ask, if we miss the playoffs, what changes do you want or expect to be made?

Butler and Porter and the ST coach should all be replaced IMO.... Even if we make the playoffs. 

Archived