Craziest (FF Appropriate) True Story in your profession Thread

MWil23

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Working in healthcare it’s tough.  Lots of stories of nastiness and stuff stuck in where it doesn’t belong.  

For some reason a lot of the girls I've dated have been CNAs, nurses, or scribes and I can confirm. One worked at a university healthcare center and like half the patients were getting their chlamydia or gonorrhea treated / diagnosed.

Also, hospitals are apparently flooded with sexual tension and affairs.

14 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

For some reason a lot of the girls I've dated have been CNAs, nurses, or scribes and I can confirm. One worked at a university healthcare center and like half the patients were getting their chlamydia or gonorrhea treated / diagnosed.

Also, hospitals are apparently flooded with sexual tension and affairs.

Can confirm.

The whole thing.

i've only worked dumb customer service jobs so far. when i was in high school the drive thru i was working at was right next to a strip club and the girls would come thru after their place closed and do some very questionable things to try and sway us into giving them free food 

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

i've only worked dumb customer service jobs so far. when i was in high school the drive thru i was working at was right next to a strip club and the girls would come thru after their place closed and do some very questionable things to try and sway us into giving them free food 

Sounds traumatic 

I work in IT as a systems administrator.  It is absolutely a daily thing for me to mutter under my breath, "Are you kidding me?  It's 2018!  How do you not know this yet?"

Not crazy, really, but the most recent facepalm moment went something like this:

Me:  Holy crap.  This guy has like 10,000 things in his recycle bin.  Let's clear that out

The next day. 

Sales dude:  Hey, man.  I don't know what happened, but all of my files are gone.

Me:  The only things I deleted were in your recycle bin.

Sales dude:   Yeah, that's where I keep everything I need to go through later.

Me: ......

Sales dude: ........

Me:  **really long sigh**  Okay, I'll restore from backup.  

On 12/6/2018 at 3:17 PM, FinneasGage said:

If i had worked at that drive thru, it would've worked every time until i got fired. 

On 12/5/2018 at 3:41 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Can confirm.

The whole thing.

Why the affairs? Is it cause everyone's in sexy sexy scrubs? Or cause there's beds everywhere?

If you tell me something boring like long hours away from family and dark sleepless nights with coworkers are the main cause, I'll literally fall asleep mid post.

The juiciest ones I have aren't firsthand. There's nothing too crazy for me. Well, other than literal crazy people being crazy, which can be funny at times and infuriating at other times. And I can't really count the crimes because I'm not seeing them firsthand either. But yeah, criminals can be really, really dumb.

6 hours ago, Dome said:

Why the affairs? Is it cause everyone's in sexy sexy scrubs? Or cause there's beds everywhere?

If you tell me something boring like long hours away from family and dark sleepless nights with coworkers are the main cause, I'll literally fall asleep mid post.

Idk why, I just know it’s a thing.

I always was on my best behavior, but not everyone was.  Where I worked was associated with a university, so a lot of the nurses were fresh out of college and single, so it wasn’t affairs so much as people just being promiscuous.

Any you wouldn’t get a nurse to lay down in one of those beds if you paid us. Disgusting.

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I always was on my best behavior, but not everyone was.  Where I worked was associated with a university, so a lot of the nurses were fresh out of college and single, so it wasn’t affairs so much as people just being promiscuous.

A want to be a nurse now. 

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Any you wouldn’t get a nurse to lay down in one of those beds if you paid us. Disgusting.

You don’t know how persuasive I can be. And I would be paying you, mostly out of force of habit.

43 minutes ago, Dome said:

A want to be a nurse now. 

It has its perks.

Most of which you don’t care about any longer once you have to disimpact a 400lb man.

43 minutes ago, Dome said:

You don’t know how persuasive I can be. And I would be paying you, mostly out of force of habit.

I can only imagine how awkward it would be as we both go to set our cash on the bedside table at the same time...

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It has its perks.

Most of which you don’t care about any longer once you have to disimpact a 400lb man.

I don’t know what this means, but my imagination got me there. Don’t tell me. I want this to be a reality regardless. Let it simmer and it will be. 

I can only imagine how awkward it would be as we both go to set our cash on the bedside table at the same time...

I’ll take it as a compliment 

I was standing outside smoking on my break and it was dark and this guy was looking at me and mumbling. I walk up to him and asked him what he said. He says, “You better leave this country boy before I call the INS on you.” Then he ran away 

And if I was any whiter I’d be a snowman 

Archived