Kris Richard 1 and done?

textaz03

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/platform/amp/2018/12/4/18125073/kris-richard-is-among-those-listed-with-odds-to-be-next-head-coach-of-green-bay-packers

“Kris Richard’s name is gaining more steam nationally. On Monday Night Football he was even brought up in the Green Bay discussion as an option there”

this is one of the downsides to having a very good defense. Recognition of success. Richard has already put together a pretty decent resume which keeps building as this season progresses. 

Whats it gonna take to keep Richard in Dallas?? Promote to DC and pay him as a HC? Fire Garrett and Promote Richard to DC?  

Marinelli needs to retire and Richard needs to become assistant HC/DC. 

If that isn't enough and this year ends in anything less than a trip to the NFC Championship Game, Garrett should be let go and Richard promoted to HC.

7 minutes ago, D82 said:

Marinelli needs to retire and Richard needs to become assistant HC/DC. 

If that isn't enough and this year ends in anything less than a trip to the NFC Championship Game, Garrett should be let go and Richard promoted to HC.

/thread

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I'm resigned to losing him. 

Idk, depends how many HC openings there are. 6 or less I think we have a good chance of keeping, 8 or more I’m not so sure

Green Bay, Cleveland, Tampa, NYJ... Cincy? Denver? Baltimore? Carolina? Jacksonville? Arizona? I wouldn’t say any of those are locks after the first four.

I assume we would just promote him to DC if that’s all other teams want him for.

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

Idk, depends how many HC openings there are. 6 or less I think we have a good chance of keeping, 8 or more I’m not so sure

Green Bay, Cleveland, Tampa, NYJ... Cincy? Denver? Baltimore? Carolina? Jacksonville? Arizona? I wouldn’t say any of those are locks after the first four.

I assume we would just promote him to DC if that’s all other teams want him for.

I would put it at 4 or 5. Even with Riley on the candidate list. He is going to be one of the rockstar candidates after whats happened with the Cowboys defense this year. Considering the way Baltimore favors their defense he could be the odds on favorite there.

I think since 2005 there has been an average of 7 coaching changes per year. Pretty confident that number will be reached...

Green Bay
Tampa Bay
Cincinnati
Cleveland

On the hot seat...

New York Jets
Washington
Baltimore
Arizona
Atlanta
Carolina
Denver
Miami
Minnesota

The maybes imo....

Houston - if team collapses BOB is probably gone
Dallas - JG should be regardless.
Seattle - Carroll says no, but a poor finish and his age??

I think there is at least 3 more to be fired/resign in those groups. One advantage Dallas does have, is NFL seems to be leaning towards offensive minds and most of teams listed already have defensive coaches in place. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I would put it at 4 or 5. Even with Riley on the candidate list. He is going to be one of the rockstar candidates after whats happened with the Cowboys defense this year. Considering the way Baltimore favors their defense he could be the odds on favorite there.

Agree with this. He's young, had 3-4 years in a row of solid defenses, etc. Despite the offensive lean, I believe he's going to be pretty high on the shortlists. 

I'd Guess:

1. Cleveland -- Mike McCarthy (Packers)
  2. Packers -- John DeFilippo (Vikings)
  3. Panthers -- Eric Bieniemy (Chiefs)
  4. Ravens -- Dan Campbell (Saints)
  5. Buccaneers -- Jim Schwartz (Eagles)
  6. Bengals -- Hue Jackson (Browns)
  7. Broncos -- John Harbaugh (Ravens)
  8. Jets -- Zac Taylor (Rams)
  9. Washington -- Pete Carmichael (Saints)

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'd Guess:

1. Cleveland -- Mike McCarthy (Packers)
  2. Packers -- John DeFilippo (Vikings)
  3. Panthers -- Eric Bieniemy (Chiefs)
  4. Ravens -- Dan Campbell (Saints)
  5. Buccaneers -- Jim Schwartz (Eagles)
  6. Bengals -- Hue Jackson (Browns)
  7. Broncos -- John Harbaugh (Ravens)
  8. Jets -- Zac Taylor (Rams)
  9. Washington -- Pete Carmichael (Saints)

I hope you're right. But im a pretty bitchin realist so my head is feverishly shaking "no".

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I hope you're right. But im a pretty bitchin realist so my head is feverishly shaking "no".

Maybe. I am sure he will get interviewed. But I expect most teams to go the offensive route. You just know the first teams to get poached will be the Saints, Rams and Chiefs. 

16 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I think since 2005 there has been an average of 7 coaching changes per year. Pretty confident that number will be reached...

Green Bay
Tampa Bay
Cincinnati
Cleveland

On the hot seat...

New York Jets
Washington
Baltimore
Arizona
Atlanta
Carolina
Denver
Miami
Minnesota

The maybes imo....

Houston - if team collapses BOB is probably gone
Dallas - JG should be regardless.
Seattle - Carroll says no, but a poor finish and his age??

I think there is at least 3 more to be fired/resign in those groups. One advantage Dallas does have, is NFL seems to be leaning towards offensive minds and most of teams listed already have defensive coaches in place. 

Agree with this. He's young, had 3-4 years in a row of solid defenses, etc. Despite the offensive lean, I believe he's going to be pretty high on the shortlists. 

Yeah I'm sure I was being a little impractical, I suspect it'll be closer to 10 openings than 4. Still, I think everyone on your "hot seat" list has roughly a 50-50 shot or better of sticking besides Bowles. I think he and Rivera would be fired if the season ended today, the rest I'm not so sure. Last four games will decide a lot.

Carroll is a good mention there at the end, could always retire. JG and BOB I think will hold on to make the playoffs and most likely keep their jobs even if they're one and done. Lewis I assume will never be fired.

So I'd say probably like 8 openings

Archived