Houston Roughnecks - XFL

ET80

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25460216/los-angeles-new-york-eight-cities-new-xfl

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Los Angeles, the New York-New Jersey metropolitan area and Dallas were among the eight cities and venues chosen to be the home sites when the XFL launches its inaugural season in February 2020.

Commissioner and chief executive Oliver Luck also said there will be franchises in Houston, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa and Washington when the league kicks off the weekend of Feb. 8-9.

2-Roughnecks-logo-rgb

• 1 year later...
On 2/6/2020 at 9:46 AM, ET80 said:

First game this Saturday, Houston v Los Angeles at TDECU. Former Temple QB PJ Walker to start at QB, ahead of Connor Cook. 

Through three quarters, PJ Walker is 19/32, 243 yards and 4 TDs. 

He's going to be in the league MVP conversation.

• Like 1

PJ Walker is the best XFL player OF ALL TIME

jokes aside... I said this for the AAF and this will stand true for the XFL too, players like PJ Walker, Josh Woodrum, etc etc, who have played a college season as recently as two years b4 starting in either of those leagues will be more game ready than an Aaron Murray. I expect Jordan Ta'amu to run away with it too today but I enjoyed watching him at Ole Miss if I ever caught a game (im an A&M fan but I do enjoy watching college football for other teams if its on, esp if I'm bored)

• Like 2

Yesterday was fun - I really enjoyed the faster pace, the riskier football (seemed like everyone was going for it on 4th down, very few punts) and I liked the modified KR rules. The broadcast was actually very solid, with in-game interviews with players and coaches, great camera and mic placement all over the field - it was catching the drama of a game in a way the NFL tries to avoid, it was great.

I sincerely hope this is the beginning of something to supplement my football fandom.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yesterday was fun - I really enjoyed the faster pace, the riskier football (seemed like everyone was going for it on 4th down, very few punts) and I liked the modified KR rules. The broadcast was actually very solid, with in-game interviews with players and coaches, great camera and mic placement all over the field - it was catching the drama of a game in a way the NFL tries to avoid, it was great.

I sincerely hope this is the beginning of something to supplement my football fandom.

Looks like they learned from the last go round.

As far as the cameras & mics, IIRC NFL stole some of the stuff that the XFL 1 did.

• Like 2