Packers fire Associate Head Coach for tweet (allegedly)

GSUeagles14

I didn’t think the tweet was that bad, and I think it was just one part of a much bigger picture in regards to his firing.

Was this a big surprise? If so, maybe there is something to the tweet. If his seat was hot too this could’ve just been the last straw.

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

I didn’t think the tweet was that bad, and I think it was just one part of a much bigger picture in regards to his firing.

Was this a big surprise? If so, maybe there is something to the tweet. If his seat was hot too this could’ve just been the last straw.

It wasn't the only thing, but it certainly played a role.  You don't air your dirty laundry out for everyone to see unless you're @ET80.  But on a more realistic note, he was the only holdover from the previous defensive staffs both with Dom Capers and Bob Sanders.  And he was viewed as incredibly close to McCarthy.  And going back to the start of the year, he was hostile towards the media probably in large part due to the fact that he was passed over for the DC role.  I believe the Packers even stop letting him talk to the media.  There was just enough that it was better for them to move on.

Just now, CWood21 said:

It wasn't the only thing, but it certainly played a role.  You don't air your dirty laundry out for everyone to see unless you're @ET80.  

Joke's on you - I don't have dirty laundry because I'm naked all day long!

Meh, Moss was McCarthy's right hand man.   He was as good as gone by season's end.   I don't really really see this as a sign that GB is in disarray.   Moss was loyal to McCarthy, and aired his view publicly.   GB decided to move now rather than wait given Moss chose to make it public.   No biggie IMO.

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think even your wife would ask you to refrain from doing so...

This is what she got him for X-mas

1-Snuggie-012609.jpg

Winston Moss went out on the interview tour and the results were a dismal failure.
If you saw his famous  " I can't help you"  press conference, you'd not only know why he was gone, but also wonder why it wasn't done sooner.

13 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Lol this has to be a joke.  I mean seriously.  Are they just trying to save whatever sort of face they can right now.  This is embarrassing for a team that I expected to be in title contention this year with Rodgers returning

I don't have a problem with canning Moss at all. I have a problem with how they fired Mike

Archived