Packers fire Associate Head Coach for tweet (allegedly)

GSUeagles14

Regardless of other factors, there's nothing even slightly critical of the organization in that tweet - except the implication people aren't tough enough on Rodgers. Seems like McCarthy/Rodgers rift goes deeper than just the two of them.

Looks like one side insists the scheme is the problem, and the other that Rodgers/the offense just isn't tough enough and unwilling to take responsibility.

As with most problems of this type, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle - I can't see caving to one side or the other fixing everything.

While the tweet didn't help his cause, his terrible coaching was cause enough for his immediate dismissal.  I mean, have you seen the linebacker situation in GB lately?  LOL.

Of course, everyone wants to talk about conspiracy theories, and about how GB is coming unglued, and it's Rodgers fault, etc.  This gnashing of teeth is baseless and comes with an agenda.  Take it for what it is - Moss was fired because he didn't perform.

6 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

While the tweet didn't help his cause, his terrible coaching was cause enough for his immediate dismissal.  I mean, have you seen the linebacker situation in GB lately?  LOL.

Of course, everyone wants to talk about conspiracy theories, and about how GB is coming unglued, and it's Rodgers fault, etc.  This gnashing of teeth is baseless and comes with an agenda.  Take it for what it is - Moss was fired because he didn't perform.

Yeah, ILB has always been pretty weak for us, he has interviewed for DC a few times and has drawn 0 interest. ‘Just nothing to point to that Moss has done real well in all his time here, that I can think of.

And frankly it’s yet another reason why Mac had to go. He has stood by and been loyal to so many coaches that were not very good at their jobs: Dom, Slocum, Zook, Moss. Edgar Bennett may soon join this dubious list.

12 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

The Packers are showing feigned interest in Moss to induce the vikes to swoop in and hire him
Worked with Brad Childress...:) 

I'm hoping (praying) that the Wilfs have learned a thing or two since those days.  That was their first coaching hire and it was a big mistake.

Archived