Paul Goldschmidt traded to St. Louis

CWood21

Just now, CWood21 said:

What part of I wasn't right doesn't make sense to you?  I was wrong.  You were wrong.  Move on.

No I wasn't. I suggested a higher price for a more expensive thing that the Cardinals didn't buy. You suggested a comically low price for a more expensive thing that the Cardinals couldn't buy, and we know you're wrong because the Cardinals spent that comically low price on a much cheaper thing. The most aggressive stance you could possibly take is that we don't know whether I'm right or wrong, but we absolutely know you're wrong.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No I wasn't. I suggested a higher price for a more expensive thing that the Cardinals didn't buy. You suggested a comically low price for a more expensive thing that the Cardinals couldn't buy, and we know you're wrong because the Cardinals spent that comically low price on a much cheaper thing. The most aggressive stance you could possibly take is that we don't know whether I'm right or wrong, but we absolutely know you're wrong.

Yet you're the one who said that if the Cardinals wanted to do a Greinke/Goldy for Fowler/prospects swap that it'd cost the Cardinals the farm, as in giving up Alex Reyes, Nolan Gorman, and any and all notable prospects.  The Cardinals gave up Carson Kelly and Luke Weaver who I suggested as part of the deal.   I also suggested Dakota Hudson, and the "extra" value wasn't available at the time but the comp pick hits that.  So answer this, is the difference between Zack Greinke and Dexter Fowler closer to Dakota Hudson+ or Alex Reyes AND Nolan Gorman.

And I'm aware that I overvalue prospects.  But your notion that the Cardinals would have to give up the farm in order to swap Fowler for Greinke was at best an over-exagerration.  So if I proposed a Fowler/Hudson+ for Greinke package OR a Gorman/Reyes/Fowler for Greinke package, which would would you say is closer to Greinke's value?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Yet you're the one who said that if the Cardinals wanted to do a Greinke/Goldy for Fowler/prospects swap that it'd cost the Cardinals the farm, as in giving up Alex Reyes, Nolan Gorman, and any and all notable prospects.  The Cardinals gave up Carson Kelly and Luke Weaver who I suggested as part of the deal.   I also suggested Dakota Hudson, and the "extra" value wasn't available at the time but the comp pick hits that.  So answer this, is the difference between Zack Greinke and Dexter Fowler closer to Dakota Hudson+ or Alex Reyes AND Nolan Gorman.

And I'm aware that I overvalue prospects.  But your notion that the Cardinals would have to give up the farm in order to swap Fowler for Greinke was at best an over-exagerration.  So if I proposed a Fowler/Hudson+ for Greinke package OR a Gorman/Reyes/Fowler for Greinke package, which would would you say is closer to Greinke's value?

I said "the farm" which was lazy, but repeatedly said Reyes/Gorman and didn't include any Kelly/Weaver/Hudson.

So who was closer? Me. By a lot.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I said "the farm" which was lazy, but repeatedly said Reyes/Gorman and didn't include any Kelly/Weaver/Hudson.

So who was closer? Me. By a lot.

That certainly wasn't the way you were coming off in that discussion.  You made it sound like you were starting with Reyes/Gorman and worked from there.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That certainly wasn't the way you were coming off in that discussion.  You made it sound like you were starting with Reyes/Gorman and worked from there.

On 11/16/2018 at 5:25 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You forgot to include the draft pick for Goldy ($10MM) and the negative value for Fowler, which conservatively adds $20MM more.

Now you're talking about $50-60MM, which is nominally Reyes + Gorman.

On 11/16/2018 at 5:30 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I realize you consistently overvalue your prospects to the point of comedy, but yeah, Reyes + Gorman would be what the math says.

Reyes+Gorman was what I said the entire time.

And the fact that the Cardinals had to offer damn near everything else in their entire farm system to even get 1 of the 3 benefits of that deal means there wasn't any real possibility of adding a Greinke-Fowler swap without Reyes. 

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Reyes+Gorman was what I said the entire time.

And the fact that the Cardinals had to offer damn near everything else in their entire farm system to even get 1 of the 3 benefits of that deal means there wasn't any real possibility of adding a Greinke-Fowler swap without Reyes. 

tenor.gif

So they gave up NEITHER Reyes nor Gorman, and yet you're parading around here?  Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Archived