Paul Goldschmidt traded to St. Louis

CWood21

As a Cards fan I love this move. It was a letdown that they blew a 2.5 game lead late in the season and missed the playoffs. Getting Goldy is going to help alot. I agree that the Cards need BP help. They have good to great SP and now a great offensive lineup. If they can somehow solve some of their BP issues the Cards can be serious WS contenders. 

12 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

As a Cards fan I love this move. It was a letdown that they blew a 2.5 game lead late in the season and missed the playoffs. Getting Goldy is going to help alot. I agree that the Cards need BP help. They have good to great SP and now a great offensive lineup. If they can somehow solve some of their BP issues the Cards can be serious WS contenders. 

There are a metric crap ton of really good relievers available. Upgrading a bullpen should be trivial this year.

I'm waiting for someone to go crazy and sign both Andrew Miller and Adam Ottavino considering the projected contracts for each have them at $10-12MM AAV apiece.

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There are a metric crap ton of really good relievers available. Upgrading a bullpen should be trivial this year.

I'm waiting for someone to go crazy and sign both Andrew Miller and Adam Ottavino considering the projected contracts for each have them at $10-12MM AAV apiece.

I agree. The Cards have to be smart about it.

• 2 months later...

Archived