Is this a scam?

Manny/Patrick

10 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Sounds like it would be fun to go to and just put on your best impression of a "customer is always right/can I speak to your manager" and threaten to call the police at this point. These people are scamming people so you can harass them and treat them very poorly without actually being a jerkface for it, get out all your anger and stress.

You'll always end up speaking with the manager. Every time. Because, the manager has ANOTHER special offer, just for you.

Want to speak with THEIR manager? Sure, why not over free lunch? Where they'll tell you about an offer - one that isn't made to everyone, one that is personalized just for you - just as a way to say "thank you" for coming bye.

Go ahead and ask to speak to the NEXT manager. You'll get 'em. Where they'll have an EXCLUSIVE offer, one for Diamond Platinum members...

You're playing into their hands at this point. They basically want to wear you down to the point to where you'll agree and sign, simply to get out. They'll throw everyone in that building at you, each creating a new title (Director of Client Satisfaction, VP of Customer Experience, Senior VP of Customer Service) each one driving harder and harder to wear you down.

My experience last week? I ignored them. Broke out my phone, started to post here. They'd ask me a question, I'd keep posting - didn't even acknowledge they were talking to me. The guy asked me who I was texting, I said I'm posting about football. He followed up with a question, I flatly said "I don't know" without even looking up from my phone. He asked me if I was interested - I finally looked up and immediately said "Absolutely not, I'm here for the $200 spa credit" while talking to @jrry32 about something, I think. 

That pissed them off the most - being there but showing them no attention. Nodding occasionally, throwing out a random "uh huh" and even pretending not to hear them a few times when they asked me a question. Finally, our sales guy and his manager told me "You're being disrespectful, here's your voucher, please leave..."

Best $200 massage ever. xD

10 hours ago, Dome said:

What in god's name are the police gonna do? They're not holding you hostage lol You just get up and leave. 

This is like those whale watchers calling the police when the whale got too close lol 

But I do like the idea of making their jobs more difficult. I'd show up for the tour and presentation covered head to toe in table syrup. "OK, we're taking your car, right?

Now, you're just doing them a favor. "You, sir, are delicious."

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

You'll always end up speaking with the manager. Every time. Because, the manager has ANOTHER special offer, just for you.

Want to speak with THEIR manager? Sure, why not over free lunch? Where they'll tell you about an offer - one that isn't made to everyone, one that is personalized just for you - just as a way to say "thank you" for coming bye.

Go ahead and ask to speak to the NEXT manager. You'll get 'em. Where they'll have an EXCLUSIVE offer, one for Diamond Platinum members...

You're playing into their hands at this point. They basically want to wear you down to the point to where you'll agree and sign, simply to get out. They'll throw everyone in that building at you, each creating a new title (Director of Client Satisfaction, VP of Customer Experience, Senior VP of Customer Service) each one driving harder and harder to wear you down.

My experience last week? I ignored them. Broke out my phone, started to post here. They'd ask me a question, I'd keep posting - didn't even acknowledge they were talking to me. The guy asked me who I was texting, I said I'm posting about football. He followed up with a question, I flatly said "I don't know" without even looking up from my phone. He asked me if I was interested - I finally looked up and immediately said "Absolutely not, I'm here for the $200 spa credit" while talking to @jrry32 about something, I think. 

That pissed them off the most - being there but showing them no attention. Nodding occasionally, throwing out a random "uh huh" and even pretending not to hear them a few times when they asked me a question. Finally, our sales guy and his manager told me "You're being disrespectful, here's your voucher, please leave..."

Lol, how brainwashed are these people to get upset at you for knowing the game they are playing?

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

Finally, our sales guy and his manager told me "You're being disrespectful, here's your voucher, please leave..."

Aright, you win that round.

How could I have beat that pyramid scheme guy I encountered last week like this? I just asked him point blank if that what it was and he folded and quit lol. But how could I have cheated the system?

Back in college I accidentally “uh-huh’d“ a guy into a free case energy drinks, bars, and protein powders (like almost $100 value IIRC)

He told me he had a way I could just quit college (telling me this on a college campus) I knew he was a moron right then and there but I wanted a side job with flexible hours and was the main selling point he had. He said “yeah man, you can be making $20k  in your first year” so I did my best “oh yeah I’ll hella quit college for that, that’s FULL TIME gas station clerk money dawg!” impression thinking this could actually be a good thing for a temporary job and I wanted this guy to hook me up.

he gave me all the stuff to sample and get back to him. The next day in class one of my buddies said they ran into the same guy and he was a prick to them when they said no. We looked up the company (don’t remember the name) and it had nothing but but warnings not to do business with them.

the guy tried to call me but I gave him a number to a phone line I didn’t use anyways, just in case. I emailed his card (burner email), described our encounter, told him I sampled all the products and didn’t like it enough to try to sell it for him. He called me a scam artist. Never heard anything after that. 

Looking back, he was probably in a bad spot. He wasn’t the scammer, but a victim forced to scam. Didn’t realize that at the time. Oh well, I hope he sold all the other boxes he bought.

21 hours ago, ET80 said:

You sure know a lot about this..was it you? I remember I heard your voice when we were gaming back in the day. @ET80 you sly dog

EDIT: got you confused with @texans_uk

Archived