Preseason Week 3: Miami Dolphins @ Philadelphia Eagles

TheKillerNacho

Derek Barnett is likely starting at LDE in place of Brandon Graham (got hurt in the joint practices).

I wanted to see him against Tunsil, because my questions revolve around him beating talented tackles that are better athletes.

Is Ja'Wuan a solid test? I know he's not athletic and struggled last year, especially early on.

19 minutes ago, G08 said:

Really? Preseason game 3 man, at minimum I have to think they go the first half.

with the way the offseason has unfolded... I wouldn't be surprised to see gase run them off the field early if he feels like they've got what he was looking for in the game. 

1 minute ago, Iced_Earth said:

with the way the offseason has unfolded... I wouldn't be surprised to see gase run them off the field early if he feels like they've got what he was looking for in the game. 

Same. I think maybe some new-er starters (Jesse Davis, Mike Hull, TJ McDonald, etc) will stay in longer to get some quality reps. But guys like Pouncey, Cutler, Ajayi? Doubt they play past a half, and I could see them being pulled sometime in the 2nd quarter.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Same. I think maybe some new-er starters (Jesse Davis, Mike Hull, TJ McDonald, etc) will stay in longer to get some quality reps. But guys like Pouncey, Cutler, Ajayi? Doubt they play past a half, and I could see them being pulled sometime in the 2nd quarter.

how many snaps do you think Pouncey actually takes before they take him out?  I heard gase doesn't really want him to play so I'm guessing about 2 drives for him.

15 minutes ago, Iced_Earth said:

how many snaps do you think Pouncey actually takes before they take him out?  I heard gase doesn't really want him to play so I'm guessing about 2 drives for him.

I think Pouncey and Ajayi come out after about two or three drives, that sounds about right. Cutler might stay in a little longer. Pure guess though.

I liked what I saw from Cutler again, I am not saying he is going to be great but I am really convinced that there is no drop off with him instead of Tannehill. They maybe have different strengths and weaknesses  but I am really liking what I am seeing as long as the O-line can stay healthy. This team still has a lot of work to do before the opening game bit the potential is there.

I am thinking that Parker starts stealing some of Landrys thunder  this year and if Stills and Parker start stretching he field on a regular basis that could really start opening up the run game for the J-train.

Archived