Official GDT, Week 14: Browns vs. Panthers

MWil23

Once again, due to the negligence of others, the burden has fallen to yours truly to do this week's GDT.

giphy.gif

The 6-6 Panthers led by this guy:

giphy.gif

take on our 4-7-1 Brownies, led by this guy:

giphy.gif

Key Matchups:

*Baker vs. responding to some growing pains. This is how much Baker cares about last week:

giphy.gif

As for his attitude towards the haters:

GleefulPoliteEchidna-small.gif

Good vibes Freddie Kitchens vs. the former coaching staff. Let's ask the NFL "experts" and former HC:

giphy.gif

Keep Freddie on! Hopefully 2018 isn't it for him in Cleveland:

tumblr_ouaajkd6Ns1qmob6ro1_500.gif

Our QB is a classic gunslinger:

tenor.gif

00ed8b6c7aebbe714d486faf11a958c2.gif

And he's got a chip on his shoulder:

tenor.gif?itemid=3521204

Likely result after coming off a loss:

EhiD.gif

Let's send them back home to Carolina this Sunday with an L:

7bf266e042b680863820fc0aa4bc7b8d.gif

Tune in Sunday December 9 at 1:00 on FOX (Local listings apply), unfortunately it won't be high noon. 

B8NO.gif

29 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

We’ve got a good chance. They’re in a rough patch and just lost their TE. Their top receiver is a rookie now. We just have to stop McCaffrey... which we won’t. He will have close to 200 yards combined and a couple TDs.

You forgot "Go birds!", you sack.

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

We’ve got a good chance. They’re in a rough patch and just lost their TE. Their top receiver is a rookie now. We just have to stop McCaffrey... which we won’t. He will have close to 200 yards combined and a couple TDs.

Yup. McCaffrey will destroy us. Our run defense is terrible and the defense can't defend screen passes if their lives depended on it. If we can contain everyone else on their offense, then we should be in okay shape.

I can see this game going either way. Carolina definitely has some talent but they're been struggling lately. Do they bounce back on the road or continue to spiral downwards?

I agree that Run Defense wise we are in trouble, but Carlina also gives up a LOT of yards through the air.

I know we all like Chubb, and I think he should certainly get some work, but I think this is going to be Bakers game to win or lose.

I think if we win it, we need to do it by staying aggressive, passing the ball, and letting baker show off what he can do like in the first half of the Cincy game, The first half of the Atlanta game, and the second half of the Houston game.

I struggle with this often because I love chubb and want him to get a ton of carries, but we are at our best when we are up tempo slinging the ball.  We live at a time in a league where as short pass is as good as a run for clock management and we have a VERY accurate passer who we can rely on to make that the case, which seems to be when we are running on all cylinders.  

30 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I agree that Run Defense wise we are in trouble, but Carlina also gives up a LOT of yards through the air.

I know we all like Chubb, and I think he should certainly get some work, but I think this is going to be Bakers game to win or lose.

I think if we win it, we need to do it by staying aggressive, passing the ball, and letting baker show off what he can do like in the first half of the Cincy game, The first half of the Atlanta game, and the second half of the Houston game.

I struggle with this often because I love chubb and want him to get a ton of carries, but we are at our best when we are up tempo slinging the ball.  We live at a time in a league where as short pass is as good as a run for clock management and we have a VERY accurate passer who we can rely on to make that the case, which seems to be when we are running on all cylinders.  

I hate the way chubb is being used. Banging him up in a 2 te set with a full backk means there is a bunch of traffic. 

Mcvay run Gurley from nickel looks in a 1 te set that makes space for the back.

Archived