Rams @ Bears IGT Dec 9th on the Lake Front

WindyCity

I think that this is a measuring stick game for the Bears. I think the problem for the Bears is that they are still learning how to be good. How to execute consistently at a high level and how to be detailed enough to win close games against teams.

I do not think they win, but I think they confirm themselves as the 3rd best team in the NFC.

Rams 27

Bears 21

While the Rams are certainly the better team I think we can beat any team in the NFL when playing at home and I expect the external factors to be advantageous to the Bears on Sunday night.  The betting line has moved down to -3 from -4.5 in favor of the Rams which seems a little too easy and is indicating that the smart and early money is on the Bears here.

FWIW Daniel Jeremiah likes the Bears in this one.  Says Bears should use a similar blue print to what the Cowboys did at home against the Saints last week and shut down that high powered offense and will do just enough on offense to get the W.

Yeah. No.

I don't trust our run defense to stop Gurley and the play action off that is going to kill us. Trubisky comes back from a 2 week hiatus and we've got Bryan Witzmann going up against Donald and/or Suh? HAH! We're already one dimensional with being unable to run the ball, what's going to happen when everyone and their mother knows Trubisky is going to throw? How many WR screens and quick hitters will it take before one is picked off and taken to the house?

Nah... I'm not buying it.

Rams - 34
Bears - 17

As always when I predict losses: I hope to God I'm wrong!

19 minutes ago, G08 said:

Yeah. No.

I don't trust our run defense to stop Gurley and the play action off that is going to kill us. Trubisky comes back from a 2 week hiatus and we've got Bryan Witzmann going up against Donald and/or Suh? HAH! We're already one dimensional with being unable to run the ball, what's going to happen when everyone and their mother knows Trubisky is going to throw? How many WR screens and quick hitters will it take before one is picked off and taken to the house?

Rams - 34
Bears - 17

We need Mitch to play a clean game. I doubt the Bears defense can hold up against the Rams with multiple turnovers like they did against the Vikings.

34-17 would require us to get smashed in the turnover battle.

20 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We need Mitch to play a clean game. I doubt the Bears defense can hold up against the Rams with multiple turnovers like they did against the Vikings.

34-17 would require us to get smashed in the turnover battle.

I anticipate it being 24-17 for a while and then in the end the put us away.

Hope I'm wrong.

Couldn't stop Blount or Barkely, but we're going to stop Gurley? Not buying it.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Yeah. No.

Rams - 34
Bears - 17

The Rams aren’t very good defensively. I know what you’re trying to say but they’ve been one dimensional all year so you picked an odd week to assume “quick hitters will be picked off.”

46 minutes ago, G08 said:

I anticipate it being 24-17 for a while and then in the end the put us away.

Hope I'm wrong.

Couldn't stop Blount or Barkely, but we're going to stop Gurley? Not buying it.

Those two games were on the road.

Much different task when you're at home and you have the home crowd yelling and screaming so loud that the opposing offense has to work off silent counts and has a greater chance at miscommunication at the line in terms of protections, audibles, etc.

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The Rams aren’t very good defensively. I know what you’re trying to say but they’ve been one dimensional all year so you picked an odd week to assume “quick hitters will be picked off.”

They've been one dimensional and we can't run the ball. Defenses know we can't run the ball. What you find odd about quick hitters getting picked off when you're trying to off-set the league's MVP (Donald) going against one of the worse OGs in football is beyond me, but I don't care to know why :)

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Getting Talib back changes their defense quite a bit for the better.

Archived