Rams @ Bears IGT Dec 9th on the Lake Front

WindyCity

Just now, blkwdw13 said:

Nope he sucks, good riddance. As was stated "do not care what the cost is"

At minimum he should have to win the job. I'd bring in at least one kicker this offseason and make it public pre-FA and predraft that the job is for grabs. If he wilts under pressure than cut him. Eventually the consistent misses are going to start costing games (MIA) and the can cost a lot of money to the team too.

25 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

They didn’t? He had like 14 touches for 58 yards. That’s a different game if it’s 14 touches for 108 yards.

They certainly stopped him when he touched the ball. What I am saying is that McVay refused to try and run the ball. The Bears might have shut him down over and over again if we had tried to run the ball. But we never tried. There was a point in the second half were the inside-zone game started to open up, and McVay immediately abandoned it. The Bears shut down our entire offense. But McVay is as much to blame for taking the ball out of Gurley's hands. There's not much more to say tonight. The Bears were better, and we lost because of it.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

They certainly stopped him when he touched the ball. What I am saying is that McVay refused to try and run the ball. The Bears might have shut him down over and over again if we had tried to run the ball. But we never tried. There was a point in the second half were the inside-zone game started to open up, and McVay immediately abandoned it. The Bears shut down our entire offense. But McVay is as much to blame for taking the ball out of Gurley's hands. There's not much more to say tonight. The Bears were better, and we lost because of it.

The Bears have been so physically dominant at the point of attack that most teams have abandonded the run super early.

Running it actually works, if you can own the point of attack, the only team to really do that so far is Miami.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears have been so physically dominant at the point of attack that most teams have abandonded the run super early.

Running it actually works, if you can own the point of attack, the only team to really do that so far is Miami.

Not many teams have a RB like Gurley though.

It's pretty simple actually. You use your best players to beat other teams by putting them in a position to do so and McVay didn't do that tonight. He never gave Gurley a chance to control the game as well as play off of it.

FYI, the Rams offense have run more PA than any other team in the league.  What sets up the PA is the run game.

Guys that game was LOUD

soldier Field does not an echo chamber make, but holy **** people were fired up.

Lot of Rams fans in my section, who all accurately called the fake punt, and were all decent people and nice to be around

Anthony Miller might be my new favorite player just for for much time he spends hyping the crowd

People go nuts when a Nagy special formation rolls out

In person this game feeling in hand the entire time can which is crazy

Mitch looked really bad

I have to spend all day Tuesday speaking for video,  and I am officially doubtful for that thanks to me yelling my *** off

Can't remember too many Bears games where opponents couldn't hear.  Stadium isn't built to be loud.  Fans really helped win that game by screaming their heads off. 

I don't think there is any sugar coating that MT played like hot garbage.  I get tired of making excuses for him, but lets make another one and chalk it up to layoff rust, and the continuing of what is basically his rookie year.  I think adrenaline is causng these crazy overthrows.  I don't believe he can't hit a barn with a football when he shows that he can in other situations.  He has to get his mind right.  I hold out hope for future because he is such a hard worker.  Other people are going to say he is Bortles II.  I wish he wouldn't give them ammo.

I watched a lot of games early this morning in fast mode and there were a lot of QBs missing throws all over the place.  So there is that I guess.

Thing is I want to feel super pumped after beating arguably best team in NFL, but there is always something to be upset about.  

Got home late from the game and watched the replay:

-Besides the missed tackle late vs Gurley, Floyd was all over the place. IMO, his best game of the year.

-As I posted during the game, next time d-bag McVay should remember Goldman's name when he tries to be a hot shot in the media.

-Mack was all over the place.

-Hicks is a god damn machine. He is easily this defense's second best player.

-Fuller might be the best corner in football...

-At one point, I said to the guy who sat next to me: "it honestly looks like LA is scared to get hit." Goff looked like he would have rather been anywhere but Chicago. FWIW, the refs missed at least 3 intentional grounding penalties. I'm not sure what "in the vicinity is" but give it a number: 5 yards, 8 yards, 10 yards. Even if they said 10, they missed 3 IG's.

-Trubisky was brutal. After his first two runs, he didn't try to run again despite there being a few lanes throughout. His throws were high. I'm going to chalk this up to rust.

-Howard was really good (and should have had 4-5 more touches- I don't understand why when he has 2-3 nice carries, he comes out for 4-5 plays) and Cohen's really good when he runs forward. I know Nagy loves the toss play, but stop. It never gets more than 3 for Cohen. Take Mizzell and fire his useless *** into the sun.

-At one point yesterday, the Bears had 4 TE's on the field- Shaheen, Burton, Brown and Braunecker. It resulted in Trubisky's 3rd pick. At one point yesterday, the Bears had RRH, Bullard, Hicks, Sowell and Nichols on the field. It resulted in the game's lone TD.

-It's usually difficult to have a loud crowd in the winter outdoors especially in the league's smallest stadium. People are bundled up and slapping gloves together isn't as close to slapping bare hands together in terms of decibels...but my god that crowd was unreal last night. It was as loud as I've heard the place in 5 years.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:34 AM, G08 said:

Yeah. No.

I don't trust our run defense to stop Gurley and the play action off that is going to kill us. Trubisky comes back from a 2 week hiatus and we've got Bryan Witzmann going up against Donald and/or Suh? HAH! We're already one dimensional with being unable to run the ball, what's going to happen when everyone and their mother knows Trubisky is going to throw? How many WR screens and quick hitters will it take before one is picked off and taken to the house?

Nah... I'm not buying it.

Rams - 34
Bears - 17

As always when I predict losses: I hope to God I'm wrong!

@beardown3231 ^^^ :P

13 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Got home late from the game and watched the replay:

-Besides the missed tackle late vs Gurley, Floyd was all over the place. IMO, his best game of the year.

-As I posted during the game, next time d-bag McVay should remember Goldman's name when he tries to be a hot shot in the media.

-Mack was all over the place.

-Hicks is a god damn machine. He is easily this defense's second best player.

-Fuller might be the best corner in football...

-At one point, I said to the guy who sat next to me: "it honestly looks like LA is scared to get hit." Goff looked like he would have rather been anywhere but Chicago. FWIW, the refs missed at least 3 intentional grounding penalties. I'm not sure what "in the vicinity is" but give it a number: 5 yards, 8 yards, 10 yards. Even if they said 10, they missed 3 IG's.

-Trubisky was brutal. After his first two runs, he didn't try to run again despite there being a few lanes throughout. His throws were high. I'm going to chalk this up to rust.

-Howard was really good (and should have had 4-5 more touches- I don't understand why when he has 2-3 nice carries, he comes out for 4-5 plays) and Cohen's really good when he runs forward. I know Nagy loves the toss play, but stop. It never gets more than 3 for Cohen. Take Mizzell and fire his useless *** into the sun.

-At one point yesterday, the Bears had 4 TE's on the field- Shaheen, Burton, Brown and Braunecker. It resulted in Trubisky's 3rd pick. At one point yesterday, the Bears had RRH, Bullard, Hicks, Sowell and Nichols on the field. It resulted in the game's lone TD.

-It's usually difficult to have a loud crowd in the winter outdoors especially in the league's smallest stadium. People are bundled up and slapping gloves together isn't as close to slapping bare hands together in terms of decibels...but my god that crowd was unreal last night. It was as loud as I've heard the place in 5 years.

If you hit the QB it makes a big difference. Even really good ones.  

I think the cold and the noise really bothered the Rams. 

What was with missing the grounding calls? I even saw that on condensed. Amazing. Those are huge calls because its loss of down. 

Trevathan played his butt off too it looked like. Not sure he gets enough credit for how good he has been most of this year.

Floyd had some bad plays too. He seemed to be playing at two extremes, great or bad.  

Great point on Cohen and Howard.   

Watching on condensed, but they still showed Hicks on sideline briefly.  Looked like he was about to die from exhaustion. He was leaving it all on the field.  

30 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

In the biggest game of the year, in a close game, with a struggling QB, our head coach rotated in 4 DLmen and a backup OT, and proceeded to throw a TD pass to our 320lbs. backup OT.

The stones on Nagy are real.

I love him like a father.

"He told me to do it!"..."if he told you to jump off of a bridge, would you?" I'm not a parent, but my parents used to say that to me and my brothers weekly. Of course, the answer is "no."

However, if Nagy told me to jump off of a bridge, I might. This guy just gets it.

We were right behind the Bears sideline, and you can feel the teams energy when you're there, it's real

It sure helps that tons of players and hyping up the crowd, dancing and having a good time. Miller and Bellamy were a ton of fun.  I finally figured out why they keep 15 around!

You could hear Nagy going nova on the officials after the "fall down and go time out" play that wasn't.  He was out on the field, and the crowd was pissed and roaring, and you could still hear the guy. Every game I like this hire more and more

There were some bad calls affecting both teams, but the IG misses were bad, as were some pretty bad holding calls missed against not just Mac but the DL as well

I thought Floyd was dinged up after a special teams play, but he came back and had some moments.  

The other feeling that's real, and palpable in the stadium is the 60000 clenced buttocks' whenever Cory Parakeet takes the field. All around us you'd hear "oh...****" and the total lack of surprise on his miss was embarassing

End the season today,  I've had all the fun I can handle

And vital update:  my video crew is Wednesday, as there is ZERO chance I'd be a go.  I sound like John Fox today. 

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

"He told me to do it!"..."if he told you to jump off of a bridge, would you?" I'm not a parent, but my parents used to say that to me and my brothers weekly. Of course, the answer is "no."

However, if Nagy told me to jump off of a bridge, I might. This guy just gets it.

You'd do it, you'd do it just so you could see the cool  form he'd ask you to take. And as you plummeted to your splattery demise your last thought would be something like "man, I can't beleive he had me line up on the opposite side of the railing and fake jump twice before going!"

Archived